Merton Beer and Cider Festival - Beer List

Reads 2180 • Replies 27 • Started Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:55:53 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Fin
beers 17308 º places 1653 º 09:56 Wed 7/8/2009

One change to the Beer List

10. Hopshackle - Double Momentum - 7.00% - English Strong Ale

This has now been changed , just spoken to Nigel who has kindly offered me a brand new beer that hasn’t gone to any beer festival’s yet called.

Hopshackle Historic IPA 5.9%

Still finalising the Cider/Perry order hope that I may have a few more answers tomorrow.

Fin

haddonsman
beers 1234 º places 56 º 10:55 Wed 7/8/2009

For those who can’t make it to Merton as they’ll be at RBESG, those Thornbridge beers should all be available at the University Arms on the Friday night.

Fin - Gwatkin Blakeney Red perry!! I couldn’t get any out the big man last week at the Norfolk Show so congrats on that!

Fin
beers 17308 º places 1653 º 03:24 Fri 7/10/2009

Here are the rest of the Cider’s/Perries.

Btw Simon, you must have jinxed the Gwatkins - Blakeney Red as we are unable to get that one now.

Hecks - Adam Parsonage s/v
Gwatkin - Farmhouse Perry
Gwynt y Ddraig - Black Dragon
Gwynt y Ddraig - Pyder
Swallowfield - Perry
Ross on Wye - Browns Apple s/v
Troggi - Bowmore Whiskey Cask Dry Cider
Richs - Leg Bender
Orgasmic - Yarlington Mill s/v

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 03:31 Fri 7/10/2009

Originally posted by Fin

Btw Simon, you must have jinxed the Gwatkins - Blakeney Red as we are unable to get that one now.

Gwynt y Ddraig - Pyder
Swallowfield - Perry
Richs - Leg Bender

Have a good festival Mate, Sorry to miss it and to miss you at RBESG.
still im sure we ill have a beer or 20 in August

haddonsman
beers 1234 º places 56 º 04:10 Fri 7/10/2009

Originally posted by Fin

There’s supposed to be a cask of it at Derby BF but I haven’t found it yet.

FWIW we haven’t seen the Bottle Brook beer either so you’ve got a real first there.

Have a storming fest, I’m be booking out a long weekend next year so I don’t miss it (again)!

Fin
beers 17308 º places 1653 º 04:21 Fri 7/10/2009

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by Fin

Gwynt y Ddraig - Pyder
Swallowfield - Perry
Richs - Leg Bender

Have a good festival Mate, Sorry to miss it and to miss you at RBESG.
still im sure we ill have a beer or 20 in August

You lot will have a great time in Sheffield and I would have definately been there if it wasn’t for the clash. Not sure who is definately coming to Merton from a Ratebeer perspective, I know that Mark and Ang have certainly suggested that they might come along.

Be good to see you in August Craig, we have quite a few specials lined up for the night before Cropredy and also the festival itself.

Nigel (Hopshackle) has told me he will send me back on Wednesday with some more bottles of trial brews again, so that should be good fun, if Mark and Ang are up for that on the Saturday. The different bottle’s of Mild he gave me back in February made for a nice little tasting with myself, Glen and some of the North Oxon and Oxford CAMRA crowd, it was good fun, forgot to ask him what he’s got this time.

Fin

Fin
beers 17308 º places 1653 º 04:59 Thu 7/16/2009

Couple of late changes to the ciders/perries and one beer change these actually aren’t bad swaps really, so not to problematic as we have decent one’s in return.

Replaced by Hecks - Blakeney Red

Richs - Leg Bender
Replaced by West Croft - Janet’s Jungle Juice

Also bit of information on the Hecks - Adam Parsonage it is a particularly interesting as this is an extremely rare apple and there was only forty gallons of this particular type made.

The beer change is

Purity - Mad Goose - 5.00% - ESB

Now replaced by Purity - Farmers Harvest 4.8% Apparently we have the very last cask in the country of this cask and thge last cask that will ever be made as it was made especially for the centenary of the NFU.

Fin

reakt
beers 959 º places 7 º 05:59 Thu 7/16/2009

We’re not heading to Sheff till early Sat morn so I might pop up tomorrow night if my finances permit.

Any idea what will be on Fin?

Fin
beers 17308 º places 1653 º 06:07 Thu 7/16/2009

Originally posted by reakt
We’re not heading to Sheff till early Sat morn so I might pop up tomorrow night if my finances permit.

Any idea what will be on Fin?

I would imagine that most of it will be ready tomorrow, with the possible exception of the Purity - Farmers Harvest as this has still to be picked up, having a few logistical issues and might have to drive to Banbury tonight to pick it up. I’m told it will drop bright within two and a half hours so you never know. I’m quite sure that all of the more unusual stuff will be ready and drinking tomorrow, in fact I’m hopeful of a few sneaks at some of the stuff tonight once we’ve finished last minute preperations.

Not sure of your sleeping arrangements Ang but sadly I won’t be able to put you up as the house is rammed this weekend with friends and family, so much so that Loz and I will be in the camper, sorry that I cannot offer you a bed I’m afraid that you will need a tent mate, be good to see yer’ mate

reakt
beers 959 º places 7 º 06:26 Thu 7/16/2009

Originally posted by Fin

Not sure of your sleeping arrangements Ang but sadly I won’t be able to put you up as the house is rammed this weekend with friends and family, so much so that Loz and I will be in the camper, sorry that I cannot offer you a bed I’m afraid that you will need a tent mate, be good to see yer’ mate

Sleep? What’s that?
Need to be back in London for radio at 1am and ready to leave for Sheff soon after so no need...
Cheers for the concern, although it may need to be redirected in order for me to accomplish this

P.S. It’s a second dose of Epic Halcyon that I’m mostly after...come to think of it, that may be the most I’ve spent on a beer if I include my travel expenses, lol...