Merton Beer and Cider Festival - Beer List

Reads 2177 • Replies 27 • Started Tuesday, June 30, 2009 9:55:53 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Fin
beers 17293 º places 1653 º 06:54 Thu 7/16/2009

Originally posted by reakt
Originally posted by Fin

Not sure of your sleeping arrangements Ang but sadly I won’t be able to put you up as the house is rammed this weekend with friends and family, so much so that Loz and I will be in the camper, sorry that I cannot offer you a bed I’m afraid that you will need a tent mate, be good to see yer’ mate

Sleep? What’s that?
Need to be back in London for radio at 1am and ready to leave for Sheff soon after so no need...
Cheers for the concern, although it may need to be redirected in order for me to accomplish this

P.S. It’s a second dose of Epic Halcyon that I’m mostly after...come to think of it, that may be the most I’ve spent on a beer if I include my travel expenses, lol...

I don’t know what you’ve paid for it elsewhere but we’re knocking it out for just £3 a pint (surely a bargain eh for a 7.7% beer?) The Oakham X-Terminator is also £3 a pint (our two most expensive beers), Remember we have carry-outs if you want to take anything to Sheffield. There are a couple of beers at a bargain £1.80 a pint if saving those pennies for a big spend in Sheffield.

maeib
beers 8749 º places 12 º 11:39 Thu 7/16/2009

Originally posted by Fin
I don’t know what you’ve paid for it elsewhere but we’re knocking it out for just £3 a pint (surely a bargain eh for a 7.7% beer?) The Oakham X-Terminator is also £3 a pint (our two most expensive beers), Remember we have carry-outs if you want to take anything to Sheffield. There are a couple of beers at a bargain £1.80 a pint if saving those pennies for a big spend in Sheffield.

I like a bargain

See you Saturday Fin

Fin
beers 17293 º places 1653 º 09:33 Mon 7/20/2009

Just to say that the Cider and Perry ran out at 8.30pm, we’ve upped the order every year because we always run out and with sixteen to choose from I thought that we might have been taking a gamble this year but I reckon we could have easily done another 3-4 polycasks. The beer ran out two hours later which was fantastic as I think we had two more casks than last year.

Beer of the festival, btw I forgot to run any voting forms for this, just totally forgot too busy. I would quite confidently suggest that the Bottle Brook Pioneer which was the first to run out, in fact it ran out much earlier than anything else and was running low on the Friday night, anyway I would suggest that this would have easily been voted the beer of the festival, at 6.5% it was remarkably easy drinking and even friends that I knew who are purely session and volume drinkers were totally hammering the Pioneer because they said that it felt like an ale they could session on. It was also my favourite beer, although initially whilst I thoroughly enjoyed it there were others that were edging it for me and then as everyone kept raving about it I kept returning to it and was totally won over and thats saying something when it was in the illustrious company of Thornbridge Hall Epic Halcyon and Oakham X-Terminator.

It was great to see Ang on the Friday night and Mark on Saturday, hope that you both enjoyed it and the beer was alright.

Fin

reakt
beers 959 º places 7 º 11:19 Mon 7/20/2009

Yes mate, I loved every minute of it!
Wicked night, drank the cider on the train back, made it to radio on time and had a great show due to being quite merry...plus I’ve got two pints of Epic Halcyon in the fridge

Was great to see you and Loz again as it’s been a while and I always do enjoy Merton, everyone’s friendly and there’s always good banter...

Bonus trading my third a pint for a full pint of Halcyon to the guy at my table who thought it was too strong

Keep up the good work!

cgarvieuk
beers 37688 º places 457 º 11:32 Mon 7/20/2009

Originally posted by Fin
Just to say that the Cider and Perry ran out at 8.30pm, we’ve upped the order every year because we always run out and with sixteen to choose from I thought that we might have been taking a gamble this year but I reckon we could have easily done another 3-4 polycasks. The beer ran out two hours later which was fantastic as I think we had two more casks than last year.

Fin

Glad to see it was a Cracking Sucess again

MesandSim
beers 7116 º places 35 º 12:59 Mon 7/20/2009

Congrats on what sounds like another roaring success Fin & Loz.

Sorry we couldn’t make it.

That Oakham sounds like a belter.

maeib
beers 8749 º places 12 º 14:39 Mon 7/20/2009

Loved Merton as ever. Great organisation and beer selection Fin and you even provided weather that was above and beyond expectation.

Epic Halcyon beer of the day, altho X-Terminator was pretty kick ass also.