Mikkeller Bar

Reads 4618 • Replies 68 • Started Monday, August 10, 2015 11:15:56 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 09:22 Wed 8/26/2015

Originally posted by biirusaikou
tripple... sauterne... chardoney... grand manier... jucebag... corriander...
Maybe the #dontlate promo was not an insider joke then ;)

Good one. Finally we all get the joke. "Don’t late taplist update. Too late" I am sure they will get things sorted out. THinking to check it out on Friday. Anyone else planning to check it out that day>

Tim

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 09:31 Wed 9/2/2015

I was talking to Hamilton last night about the house beers and he said they are all made at De Proef. He then followed with ’I’m actually not sure if I’m supposed to say that or not...’ Anyway, they are apparently not brewed in Japan anyway. Finally made it to the bar and it was very nice. It is a relaxing place for a beer and the interior is just amazing. Very Tokyo and very well done. Will be stopping in often as well since it’s on my commute home.

I thought as much about the house beers. I was told that they are the same beers in all the bars with just different names. Would make sense as i see that they are not added as different beers on here. But beercation seemed to think otherwise. Maybe it’s different for the US bar.
Did you mention to Hamilton that they should really post the taplist online? I haven’t, but I don’t know him at all well, so don’t want to sound like a cock. Think they really should do this though.

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 11:51 Wed 9/2/2015

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mikkeller-tenderloin-ipa/275446/

I looks like only the IPA in San Francisco is brewed locally. I swear I remember last time I was there they told me it was made at Cellar maker, I guess it’s made at Faction.

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 14:19 Wed 9/2/2015

From what I know, it is only the house beers in SF, that are brewed locally. But they are meant to taste alike, so it’s not new entries.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 22:21 Wed 9/2/2015

I will try to mention it to him. He’s going to the states for a much needed vacation but when he gets back I’ll bring it up. I checked a few of the the other Mikkeller bars on the web and didn’t see any tap lists posted either....maybe Mikkel just wants people to come to the bar without knowing what’s on tap?

Maybe that’s the case. Seems a shame though.

willisread
beers 7331 º places 126 º 23:29 Wed 9/2/2015

Totally agree...I would love a daily tap list as well Neil. I will ask Hamillton. Looks like beer geek vanilla shake is on tap today though :)

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 23:42 Wed 9/2/2015

Tell Hamilton its super uncool to have any web or social media presence. No taplist, no (functioning) website. People try to avoid bars that try to have too much "advertising" by having a digital presence. See if he gets the irony.

I hit up Mikkeller on Saturday night. Overall not bad. Good vibe/atmosphere but negatives I see 1) staff are totally clueless 2) pricing doesn’t make sense and it’s too expensive 3) too many high abv beers. Really who wants to have several 21% beers?!? 4) glass sizes where not clearly explained.

There was sufficiently interesting stuff on the menu, including Monkey Claws, which has aged nicely. I will go back IF I know something interesting is on the menu. Bourbon BA Vanilla Shake is on now and that is interesting.

Won’t make this a regular haunt until they have better web presence, and staff are more informed.

Tim

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 04:33 Thu 9/3/2015

Originally posted by willisread
I will try to mention it to him. He’s going to the states for a much needed vacation but when he gets back I’ll bring it up. I checked a few of the the other Mikkeller bars on the web and didn’t see any tap lists posted either....maybe Mikkel just wants people to come to the bar without knowing what’s on tap?

About this:
other Mikkeller bars on the web and didn’t see any tap lists posted either

Then you didn’t check this page:
http://mikkeller.dk/locations/

That is almost only taplists, and the bars I know are almost always updated.

Theis