Prices are out of control

Reads 2901 • Replies 31 • Started Sunday, November 29, 2015 2:17:45 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 12:04 Tue 12/1/2015

This is my only social media lol. Well, also Good Reads and BoardgameGeek, but they won’t further our cause.

dfearnley
beers 3422 º 12:50 Tue 12/1/2015

This tax hike is a big issue, but as Tony mentioned before, this isn’t the only issue. Prices on craft have been climbing for a while. I eventually decided to buy an advent calendar because the price per bottle is about $5.75 which isn’t too much above what I’m paying for single 330 mL bottles anyway.

And Tim, you’re absolutely right, the Dandy country club is ridiculous. That website is so horribly done that perhaps the club itself is just a joke. The Bruery memberships are worth it if you’re a local because you get approximately as much back in beer as your membership PLUS %10-%20 percent discount on all purchases. Even if their beer was anywhere near as good as the Bruery’s beers, it’s still ridiculous.

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 19:08 Tue 12/1/2015

I would encourage you all to hit up your local CAMRA group and get them off the ridiculous causes they endorse and make them an outlet for beer drinkers consumer rights. This is what we are advocating for in BC and I think if they play ball they have more dedicated resources and a larger support base that may provide more leverage.

I will finish my mini rant with I have just drank an entire bottle of Black Butte XXIV and a few others and am feeling frisky (insert joke here).

PS - VBS, you put it on the internet and it is here forever, you are supporting Mike.....

Crit
beers 5022 º places 159 º 20:04 Tue 12/1/2015

Originally posted by Ferris
I would encourage you all to hit up your local CAMRA group and get them off the ridiculous causes they endorse and make them an outlet for beer drinkers consumer rights. This is what we are advocating for in BC and I think if they play ball they have more dedicated resources and a larger support base that may provide more leverage.

I will finish my mini rant with I have just drank an entire bottle of Black Butte XXIV and a few others and am feeling frisky (insert joke here).

PS - VBS, you put it on the internet and it is here forever, you are supporting Mike.....

Hard to support one’s local Camra group when they have been shut down (South Fraser). I switched to them cause the Vancouver Branch is a pain in the ass and took weeks or even months to process renewals

Ferris
beers 23108 º places 1878 º 20:36 Tue 12/1/2015

Agreed that the organization is not necessarily representing what is good and right in our community, but it is a democratic and open organization and anyone can join and run for a position. Here in BC, although there is currently lots of disfunction, I am talking and working with some in the executive that will hopefully change things. If not I will get my hands dirty and run for a position.

Specifically to South Fraser, an absolute mess and Megan was a gem.

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 22:21 Tue 12/1/2015

err... you could achieve your goal a bit better if you’d start your own thread and get some actual views instead of poorly whoring yourself on page 3 of on that doesn’t contain the word CAMRA in the title. That being said, you’ve got my support.

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 22:39 Tue 12/1/2015

Originally posted by Ferris
Agreed that the organization is not necessarily representing what is good and right in our community, but it is a democratic and open organization and anyone can join and run for a position. Here in BC, although there is currently lots of disfunction, I am talking and working with some in the executive that will hopefully change things. If not I will get my hands dirty and run for a position.

Specifically to South Fraser, an absolute mess and Megan was a gem.

South Fraser is my favourite place named South Fraser. Consider this guy won over - you’ve got my support.

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 22:57 Tue 12/1/2015

OK, lets say the new lax laws don’t change - what is the future here in Alberta? Do we get a flood of everything BC temporarily boosting our overall selection while we wait for the lights to go out on our Eastern Canadian selection? I’ll predict by March we will have our answer.

jvillainous
23:02 Tue 12/1/2015

Originally posted by VertBaconStrips
err... you could achieve your goal a bit better if you’d start your own thread and get some actual views instead of poorly whoring yourself on page 3 of on that doesn’t contain the word CAMRA in the title. That being said, you’ve got my support.

That was my original concern; I’d rather not have posted about it at all, except that Ferris messaged me elsewhere imparting that there was a CAMRA related discussion going on. I hoped to impart that change was imminent and that that change is meant to push in the right direction, is all.

That was my original concern; I’d rather not have posted about it at all, except that Ferris messaged me elsewhere imparting that there was a CAMRA related discussion going on :(

I agreed with your sentiment in the first place, and now that it’s been echoed,I felt I should delete my previous post.

Apologies,
Jeremy

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 05:52 Wed 12/2/2015

Don’t want to harp on (but I am) about doing a member’s group, but check out Modern Times (who I am a massive fan of) what they have done recently. If I lived in San Diego, they couldn’t take my money ($350) fast enough. Clearly laid out what beers you will get and what is in the pipeline (in fact too much to read!), professionally done and gets beer drinkers excited to join.

For about the same price with Dandy ($500CAD) you get a growler a month and a pint a week and a limited edition Dandy Growler.

http://moderntimesbeer.com/blog/the-league-of-partygoers-elegant-people-now-accepting-acolytes-1

"In Whales we trust". LOL

Tim