Ratebeer Belgian Winter Gathering V - Antwerp

Reads 9591 • Replies 140 • Started Monday, December 7, 2015 7:49:35 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 17:40 Wed 12/9/2015

Originally posted by Maakun
.. and I’m also not Belgian :-)

Glad to see so many Dutch people interested actually. Seems like it is about time for a Lowlands tasting again, NederBelgian or whatever it used to be called :D

For this tasting: the host is the only one that could/should give the indication when it’s too much. We’re invited into his house, and are his guests, therefore he sets the rules. Up till now, over-attendance has never been a real problem: normally if there are enough seats, the amount of beer will do as well (since indeed some are coming later / leaving earlier, there’s always people that already had a given beer before, and not everybody saying they want to join makes it in the end). That doesn’t mean it couldn’t happen and that we shouldn’t be careful, but I’d say just indicate that you’d like to come and worst case scenario you might be told that it’s indeed getting too crowded and you’re the unlucky one. Which of course isn’t personal, and I think we’re all big enough to handle such disappointment ;)

Beerlover_Ben
beers 30 º places 2 º 02:19 Thu 12/10/2015

for now, if Seb and Kev (Verbalessence) also sign up on the list, I call it ’sold out’ for this edition. That makes 14 attendees, just enough to make it comfortable for everybody.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 02:36 Thu 12/10/2015

I am in.

digita7693
beers 1 º places 7 º 02:40 Thu 12/10/2015

I’m not Dutch or Belgian, nor do I live in Belgium, but I speak French and German, two Belgian languages...

I understand not wanting to go out, but I like the idea of running about the city some, but obviously coming from a different perspective as I do not live in/near Antwerp.

That all being said, I am interested, but not sure of the timing, so do not save a spot for me.

JorisPPattyn
admin
beers 14318 º places 93 º 02:44 Thu 12/10/2015

Originally posted by digita7693
I’m not Dutch or Belgian, nor do I live in Belgium, but I speak French and German, two Belgian languages...

I understand not wanting to go out, but I like the idea of running about the city some, but obviously coming from a different perspective as I do not live in/near Antwerp.

That all being said, I am interested, but not sure of the timing, so do not save a spot for me.

Same for me. As I cannot confirm at this time, I’ll leave my place for another.

As to Martinus, I used to organize the Lowlands RBG a couple of years with Dirk from Kulminator, in summer/autumn. Don’t hink it might still be possible.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 06:16 Thu 12/10/2015

Originally posted by JorisPPattyn
Originally posted by digita7693

Same for me. As I cannot confirm at this time, I’ll leave my place for another.

As to Martinus, I used to organize the Lowlands RBG a couple of years with Dirk from Kulminator, in summer/autumn. Don’t hink it might still be possible.

Too bad Joris, would have been nice to have you attending another tasting. Lowlands RBG might be tough indeed.

sebletitje
beers 11868 º places 491 º 11:48 Thu 12/10/2015

Once again, Wallonian forces shine by their presence or lack thereof.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 918 º 12:27 Thu 12/10/2015

Was there something special, unique about the Lowlands tastings,… meaning is there some specific reason why it cannot be resurrected?

We live in the age of reboots….

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 18:08 Thu 12/10/2015

Ik tel op dit moment 12 deelnemers (google doc). Ik heb een bevriende geïnteresseerde ratebeerian (Belgische nationaliteit overigens :P) die niet zo opvalt (Thompson) maar graag mee zou komen. Ik sta in voor de bieren die hij meebrengt.

Dus Ben, als er nog plaats voor hem is dan hoor ik het graag.

Beerlover_Ben
beers 30 º places 2 º 10:31 Fri 12/11/2015

hey Benzai, ik zal hem toevoegen. Dan zijn we met 15 personen. het wordt dan wat krapper aan de tafel en toog, maar moet net gaan, denk ik ;)