RateBeerians of the Year Awards 2016 - Vote Now!

Reads 6783 • Replies 123 • Started Thursday, January 5, 2017 11:01:51 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by AdamChandler
I thought it would be fun for those who haven’t voted yet or need to rally. The following people / threads are not in the lead right now so if you want them to win, you should rally your troops:

This is completely unnecessary. Everyone nominated should be celebrated, not told they’re far behind. And this isn’t how voting works. You’re attempting to affect the outcome, and it’s completely inappropriate. Do not attempt to turn this into a popularity contest.

Totally agree.

Leighton
beers 33723 º places 1204 º 08:49 Mon 1/9/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by AdamChandler
I thought it would be fun for those who haven’t voted yet or need to rally. The following people / threads are not in the lead right now so if you want them to win, you should rally your troops:

This is completely unnecessary. Everyone nominated should be celebrated, not told they’re far behind. And this isn’t how voting works. You’re attempting to affect the outcome, and it’s completely inappropriate. Do not attempt to turn this into a popularity contest.

Totally agree.

I think Ajaxchan is just trying to drum up voter turnout. Sometimes people don’t bother voting because they think their candidate ’has it in the bag’; if they see that’s not the case, they might go and vote.

Not saying I agree or disagree with Adam’s note. But given that these awards are mostly for fun, I don’t think he’s doing much harm. Although, I understand that others will feel differently.

(And I don’t say this in an effort to support my own cause - I think there are folks more worthy than myself to win in those categories where I was nominated. I do appreciate the recognition of the nomination!)

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 09:03 Mon 1/9/2017

My post should excite / piss you off. If it did one of those two things, then good I have your attention.

Now go out and vote.

all I said was thy weren’t in the lead. My mentions are some people in 2nd place and some are in last place. I didn’t put what place they were in just they they weren’t in the lead.

I’m pretty sure every year I’ve posted the pDF that shows how the scoring break-down happened. No one has ever complained about knowing who got last place.

b3shine
beers 12184 º places 372 º 09:12 Mon 1/9/2017

I shouldn’t have even said anything. While my comment gave Adam the attention he sought, my message went right over his head.

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 09:24 Mon 1/9/2017

These elections are rigged!

I shouldn’t have even said anything. While my comment gave Adam the attention he sought, my message went right over his head.

voting doesn’t matter in this as the Ratebeer illuminati and Putin decide who win.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 09:39 Mon 1/9/2017

Originally posted by blipp
These elections are rigged!

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 09:53 Mon 1/9/2017

The meeting of the RB Bildeberg Group met last week to determine the winners.

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 10:17 Mon 1/9/2017

Originally posted by RichTheVillan

voting doesn’t matter in this as the Ratebeer illuminati and Putin decide who win.

If these elections are bought and paid for by the Russians (too), then we should all be concerned as any comments we make could be construed as meddling in their internal affairs. And, that is punishable by death.

Originally posted by StefanSD
Originally posted by RichTheVillan

If these elections are bought and paid for by the Russians (too), then we should all be concerned as any comments we make could be construed as meddling in their internal affairs. And, that is punishable by death.

or Turkish prison