RBAG pt.2 + Home Brew Gala

Reads 16258 • Replies 276 • Started Monday, February 13, 2012 9:40:23 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 08:50 Tue 6/26/2012

Kyle, you need to rename that bottle Pliny the Eldest

TracksideBeer
beers 37 º places 1 º 17:39 Fri 6/29/2012

Hey Guys,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Blake Shaw, I’m the manager/owner of a bottle shop here in Medicine Hat.

Tony was gracious enough to invite me to what seems like an epic gathering! I’ve got a few brews I can add to the list, hopefully they are unrated by most of you.

J.W Lees Harvest Ale Matured in Lagavulin (2008)
J.W Lees Harvest Ale Matured in Port (2010)
Founders Double Trouble IPA
EVil Twin Brewing Even More Jesus
Boulevard Double-Wide IPA

A lot of new beer is coming into the province between now and Aug, so if any of you want me to bring something available here let me know. For example, I’m expecting Westy 12 in late July!

Looking forward to it!

Cheers~

pintbypint
beers 4327 º places 35 º 22:21 Fri 6/29/2012

Blake, will be nice to have you, those JW Lees are killers. Torontoblue brought a sherry cask one last tasting.... twas noice. Will be good to meet you.

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 22:33 Fri 6/29/2012

Looking forward to meeting you Blake! We are going to need all the help we can get to finish off this much beer.

I love the Lagavulin 16 year so if that sort of character comes through in the JW it should be good!

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 09:10 Sun 7/22/2012

Okay fellas, time to bump up this thread! We’re getting close to the two week mark, and I thought I’d give an update.

Parksy’s list has been updated on the spreadsheet. I also added a couple of beers, including Panil Barriquee Sour and La Salamandre, a rare style ice perry (I love ice wine, so I’m pretty pumped for this one). We are now looking at about 120 beers on the list, and I know some of my buddies haven’t posted what they are bringing so it is pretty impressive! I haven’t posted my entire cellar either, so all total we should have at least 150 beers to choose from!

I’ve confirmed that my buddy Mark is going to park his pimped-out motorhome in my driveway. It can sleep about 8 people or more, so if everyone can bring a sleeping bag that would be cool.

For those who are interested, there will be beers from a few hard to rate countries. Parksy has 2 beers from the Cook Islands and I have a beer from Haiti. My buddy Rockley is going to bring 6 beers that he brought back from Brazil. If VBS comes and brings his Dominican Republic beer, that would be four new countries.I find that new countries are harder and harder to come by, so I’m pretty pumped!

I think we agreed that kickoff will be noon on Saturday. With this quantity of beer, and beer of this magnitude, pacing will be key. If the weather cooperates, I think we will enjoy all of these fine beverages on my big deck in the Medicine Hat sunshine. My backyard is pretty ginormous, so I will have tons of stuff to do, like beer bocce, Viking chess (NOT chess the boardgame), and football. But if beer drinking and conversation carry us through the day then that’s perfect too. Poker tournament in the evening though FOR SURE! Will be $10 or $20 buy-in so bring a little cash. For those who don’t like poker, I have a home theater with PS3. And again, if people just want to sit and drink, that’s okay by me!

So far there looks to be about 15-18 guys attending which I think is the perfect number for this type of thing. The non-Ratebeerians are all beerlovers and are all awesome guys whom I’ve known for years.

I will look after food. Let me know if there are any food allergies/aversions for you guys.

GETTING PUMPED FOR THIS!!!

gramity
beers 1829 º places 41 º 07:17 Mon 7/23/2012

This is going to be awesome!

Savvy1982
beers 1706 º places 70 º 08:51 Mon 7/23/2012

Yep. I’m bringing some stuff from my California trip, hope you guys like Russian River!

pintbypint
beers 4327 º places 35 º 19:02 Tue 7/24/2012

Originally posted by DuffMan
I will look after food. Let me know if there are any food allergies/aversions for you guys.

I have a few food allergies... can’t have eggs, or things made with eggs, peanuts are bad news too...

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 21:03 Tue 7/24/2012

Well fuck there goes my famous peanut butter omelette topped with crushed peanuts and served in an eggnog broth.

.....kidding! Just as long as you aren’t allergic to bacon-- if you are, then I’m sorry, you were not meant to live. My wife is anaphylactic to peanuts so we are a peanut free household.

The egg thing we can work around. At least an egg allergy isn’t as gay as being "gluten intolerant".

Savvy1982
beers 1706 º places 70 º 16:11 Wed 7/25/2012

Originally posted by DuffMan
Well fuck there goes my famous peanut butter omelette topped with crushed peanuts and served in an eggnog broth.

.....kidding! Just as long as you aren’t allergic to bacon-- if you are, then I’m sorry, you were not meant to live. My wife is anaphylactic to peanuts so we are a peanut free household.

The egg thing we can work around. At least an egg allergy isn’t as gay as being "gluten intolerant".

Neither of which are as gay as blowing off the event to spend time with your children, like SOME PEOPLE!