RBBSG17

Reads 6029 • Replies 78 • Started Monday, April 24, 2017 12:34:15 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 09:06 Thu 8/24/2017

Guys, not everyone has added their beers to the sheet (see page 4) and also I think some people need to improve the standard of what they are bringing. These gatherings might appear to be solely about numbers, but that’s not what this is and certainly not how it started out. Ticks are fine but we do want some quality beers. Guidelines in the past have been something along the lines of "2 beers you have reason to assume it will get a 4+ score and 2 other beers".

It seems people have forgotten about the good beers and try to make up by bringing more. But I would prefer to be less hung over after drinking good beers rather than be totally wasted on liters of crappy ticks.

And after all, don’t we all live close enough to Caigny or similar stores (not to mention online stores) where one can buy some nice unrated-by-most Imperial Stouts (or other styles, but just as an example)?

JefVerstraete
beers 7051 º places 216 º 09:26 Thu 8/24/2017

My cellar is still full of unrated BA American goodies but I can’t make it unfortunately. I’ll save them untill the following gathering.

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 09:38 Thu 8/24/2017

Originally posted by Benzai
Guys, not everyone has added their beers to the sheet (see page 4) and also I think some people need to improve the standard of what they are bringing.

True, one of the only reasons to bring crappy beers would be country ticks, imho. Most of us try to hang on to some rare good valued bottles in order to share them with other beer lovers. Crap beers are for ticking alone at home, because nobody will give a damn if I dump it down the drain, and I myself won’t feel bad for not having shared it.

Lot of beautiful beers in the list as well, btw.

Originally posted by JefVerstraete
My cellar is still full of unrated BA American goodies but I can’t make it unfortunately. I’ll save them untill the following gathering.

Too bad for all of us! ;) Hopefully you’ll be able to join next winter!

Hamirubi
beers 642 º places 40 º 11:21 Thu 8/24/2017

I’m fully aware of my crappy beer list (besides the Albanian tick). Therefor I was planning an ultimate beer trip to Deinze’s Drinks4u - for Geers will be difficult by bike - and a local brewery (or two) on friday/tomorrow. But if I this doesn’t work out, I will skip this year’s gathering... no problem. And I will try to have some goodies for 2018.
"2 beers you have reason to assume it will get a 4+ score and 2 other beers" are good guidelines to have, then.

77ships
beers 14200 º places 917 º 12:26 Thu 8/24/2017

Added one more beer, I am always slow at adding beers, will probably add one more. Rene gave last my addition 4.3 (new rating for everyone else). Only non-top 50 style so far is by request of Tim. Mixed feelings about kicking someone out who is doing his best, stores etc. are a definite option. Long gone are the days when you needed to trade for foreign goodies.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 13:33 Thu 8/24/2017

Nobody who signed up is going to sit this out. It’s not about excluding people, it’s about not forgetting what this gathering is about. Let’s all try to do that. Like Eugene said, "long gone are the days when you needed to trade for foreign goodies".

So you’re coming Hamirubi, like everybody who has signed up, just make sure you don’t leave with a fractured collar bone again because you drank to many crappy malt liquors ;)

adamnowek
beers 7151 º places 117 º 17:31 Thu 8/24/2017

Looks like Bonaire is going to become an easier place to drink than Syria and Iraq this weekend.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 02:08 Fri 8/25/2017

Originally posted by adamnowek
Looks like Bonaire is going to become an easier place to drink than Syria and Iraq this weekend.

Probably yes.

tderoeck
beers 14777 º places 247 º 05:50 Fri 8/25/2017

Originally posted by Hamirubi
I’m fully aware of my crappy beer list (besides the Albanian tick). Therefor I was planning an ultimate beer trip to Deinze’s Drinks4u - for Geers will be difficult by bike - and a local brewery (or two) on friday/tomorrow. But if I this doesn’t work out, I will skip this year’s gathering... no problem. And I will try to have some goodies for 2018.
"2 beers you have reason to assume it will get a 4+ score and 2 other beers" are good guidelines to have, then.

Geers is closer to Waarschoot than Deinze, no?

Anyway, if you really have troubles finding some good new beers that most haven’t had (and I’m afraid Drinks4U will not be of much assistance, as they have almost no import there), I can hook you up as well... I’ll send you a pm.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 06:18 Fri 8/25/2017

Originally posted by tderoeck
Originally posted by Hamirubi

Geers is closer to Waarschoot than Deinze, no?

Anyway, if you really have troubles finding some good new beers that most haven’t had (and I’m afraid Drinks4U will not be of much assistance, as they have almost no import there), I can hook you up as well... I’ll send you a pm.

I had already reached out as well, so plenty of choice I guess ;)