RBESG 2015

Reads 7744 • Replies 74 • Started Sunday, March 22, 2015 11:33:31 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

rlgk
beers 18837 º places 615 º 14:30 Sun 3/22/2015

I think 2005 was the first one, but I am not 100 percent sure about it.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40732 º places 1239 º 14:44 Sun 3/22/2015

Not that I’ll be involved in planning as was part of the team in London last year but places I’d like to visit or have thought about ...

Stockholm - is there much brewery/brewpub action though?

Spain ... have Madrid/Barca evolved their beer scenes enough yet?

Italy ... anywhere else aside from Rome capable of hosting a RBESG?

omhper
beers 40422 º places 332 º 15:09 Sun 3/22/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Not that I’ll be involved in planning as was part of the team in London last year but places I’d like to visit or have thought about ...

Italy ... anywhere else aside from Rome capable of hosting an RBESG?

The first RBESG was in Stockholm 2004. See Oakes writeup here: http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer-News/Article-370.htm

By my reckoning we have 29 physical breweries in Stockholms län right now, so it ain’t all that bad. Have no possibility to organize it myself again though.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40732 º places 1239 º 15:19 Sun 3/22/2015

Originally posted by omhper
Originally posted by Theydon_Bois

Italy ... anywhere else aside from Rome capable of hosting an RBESG?

The first RBESG was in Stockholm 2004. See Oakes writeup here: http://www.ratebeer.com/Beer-News/Article-370.htm

By my reckoning we have 29 physical breweries in Stockholms län right now, so it ain’t all that bad. Have no possibility to organize it myself again though.

Way more than I’d imagined!

I know it’s all well and good blurting out destinations as you need someone there to organise and do the hard work, but it may alight some interest in local folks if they see people putting forward their home cities!

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 17:26 Sun 3/22/2015

So it appears the definitive list is:

2014 - London
2013 - Belgium/Netherlands
2012 - Vienna/Bratislava
2011 – London
2010 – Rome
2009 – Sheffield
2008 – Pilsen
2007 – Glasgow/Edinburgh
2006 – Gothenburg
2005 – Copenhagen
2004 - Stockholm

Right?

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 17:41 Sun 3/22/2015

Originally posted by FatPhil
I’m not sure Estonia can provide a full RBESG for the crazier tickers amongst you, but it’s a vastly better beer landscape than it was 5 years ago when Pat proposed a joint Finland/Estonia RBESG. So such a concept is fomenting in the back of my mind.

Would love a ratebeer visit to Estonia to be quite honest.

GlasgowTAD
beers 2015 º places 38 º 17:52 Sun 3/22/2015

Originally posted by Martinus
Originally posted by FatPhil
I’m not sure Estonia can provide a full RBESG for the crazier tickers amongst you, but it’s a vastly better beer landscape than it was 5 years ago when Pat proposed a joint Finland/Estonia RBESG. So such a concept is fomenting in the back of my mind.

Would love a ratebeer visit to Estonia to be quite honest.

I’d like to second this motion, seems like a land of great promise and one relatively unexplored - as far as beer is concerned.

MrHangover
beers 4691 º places 75 º 02:54 Mon 3/23/2015

there has also been no gathering in Germany yet.. maybe that’s worth looking into as well.. But I love the idea of going to Estonia.. Really hoping I can join this one finally!!

Martinus
beers 5018 º places 224 º 03:23 Mon 3/23/2015

Just an idea, there’s ferries between Stockholm and Tallinn, via Gottland. Besides the obvious Helsinki-Tallinn booze run. Maybe an option to combine? Haven’t had a tasting on a boat (yet)

Of course it’s easy for me to say, not being local. Just thinking it’d be cool, but feel free to ignore

Marko
admin
beers 17930 º places 879 º 03:26 Mon 3/23/2015

I was thinking of proposing a Croatian RBESG, possibly with a day trip to Ljubljana and/or Maribor, Slovenia. Got the craft brewers interested & some pubs/stores too. Will try to elaborate later. Estonia is a cool choice too, though I likely won’t be able to attend, and so would be Germany, which I might just make it, though doubtfully.