RBWG-JAX 2013, Final Call, Itinerary, etc.!

Reads 30053 • Replies 541 • Started Thursday, January 17, 2013 8:50:51 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 11:51 Thu 2/7/2013

Originally posted by blomster
Originally posted by drowland
Nice!

Champion Brands gave me a boat load of Bell’s Black Note to taste out during the gathering and give away to people! We’re talking four or five 4-packs!

Would love to try it! One of my personal mini whales.

Do you even rate bro?

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 12:25 Thu 2/7/2013

Just found out my mom will also be in JAX this weekend. My aunt lives there. I will try to convince her to make an appearance somewhere along the way so she can see what she’s heard so much about...

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 13:23 Thu 2/7/2013

Originally posted by blomster
Nice!

Champion Brands gave me a boat load of Bell’s Black Note to taste out during the gathering and give away to people! We’re talking four or five 4-packs!

Would love to try it! One of my personal mini whales.

I’ll make sure you get one!

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 13:57 Thu 2/7/2013

Originally posted by GT2
Originally posted by hopscotch
Orchid Island Brewing (Gold Sponsor) will be providing two beers for the Grand Tasting.

Ruby Red IPA (brewed with local Indian River grapefruit)
&
Winter Beach (a Belgian Quad aged on vanilla beans)

Big thanks to one of our Gold Sponsors!

Curious, is this brewery not in the database yet?

Orchid Island Brewing is located in Vero Beach, but is not yet open for business.

It was going to start off as a nano served in one of the town’s restaurants. That idea was scrapped.

A six barrel system was just delivered today.

The primary focus now is to distribute to craft beer-centric Treasure Coast establishments within three months - Vero Beach, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach, Port St. Lucie, Jupiter, the Palm Beaches, etc. via Brown Distributing.

Eventually on to a larger system - probably 30 barrels.

This article is outdated, but gives you a good idea of what these guys are all about. The article doesn’t mention it, but Orchid Island (where my wife and I go to the beach on weekends) sits between the Indian River Lagoon and the Atlantic. The climate between the The Lagoon and the Atlantic provides some type of warming phenomenon on the fruit during the winter that makes it sweeter than other citrus fruits grown in Florida and California.

Alden Bing will be in Jacksonville on Thurday and Friday, but then has to head back down Vero Beach for the Florida Craft Brew and Wingfest on Saturday. Great guy and Gold Sponsor. Be sure to say "Hi" and thank him and the other sponsors for really slashing expenses for everyone.

Sooo... Drink ’em, rate ’em and then file ’em beside Gravity Brewbar’s stuff from this event and Berliner Bash on the Bay for the next few months until they can be added to the ratebeer database.

hopscotch
beers 11919 º places 307 º 16:22 Thu 2/7/2013

A super-fresh case of La Cumbre Elevated IPA on it’s way to Jacksonville on February 15th.

Thanks a boatload to Jeff Erway out in Albuquerque at La Cumbre Brewing Company.

If you hops and you’ve never tried a beer brewed by Jeff, you’re in for a real treat.

Can I get an Amen?

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 16:39 Thu 2/7/2013

Originally posted by hopscotch
A super-fresh case of La Cumbre Elevated IPA on it’s way to Jacksonville on February 15th.

Thanks a boatload to Jeff Erway out in Albuquerque at La Cumbre Brewing Company.

If you hops and you’ve never tried a beer brewed by Jeff, you’re in for a real treat.

Can I get an Amen?

djd07
beers 28659 º places 45 º 16:55 Thu 2/7/2013

Originally posted by djd07
This event is so legit. 21st cant come soon enough

Hells yes! It’ll be good to see you again, my friend! Let’s split ticks again? Hahaha

Don’t forget my Funk Metal!

I got you a bottle and trying to get a second for the grand tasting. Def on splittin ticks, best way to tick when you got so many to try.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 17:30 Thu 2/7/2013

If anyone is wanting to ship beer instead of putting it in their suitcase, that is cool. BM me for my address and I will keep it safe.

If you are shipping, you better do it this coming week to make sure!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 21:18 Thu 2/7/2013

If everyone can BM me your cellphone number, I’d appreciate it so I don’t have to BM you all individually. Just for contact purposes as we start/end the bus tour, etc.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 21:37 Thu 2/7/2013

The owner of Engine 15 sent me his dinner idea for the bus tour which sounds awesome.

"How do you feel about some Bar-B-Cuban sandwiches, a "build your own nachos" bar and a couple of other odds and ends like Sack ’o Nuts and and chili?"

I told him hellllll yes!

Don’t forget Grassroots is providing snacks for the bus and North Florida Sales is providing some water!

Cheers!