Short’s Brewing sells 20% to Heineken/Lagunita’s

Reads 4352 • Replies 69 • Started Wednesday, July 26, 2017 10:45:41 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gichigami
20:42 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by DietPepsican
LOL reached character limit on first post much? What’s your personal agenda to make more money by using the platform you call into question?

That took longer than expected for a member of the RateBeer spirit squad to show up. I was banking on ClarkVV, but you post almost as often in these threads. As usual, you also have nothing of substance to add to the thread, and you will dodge relevant questions if I pose them to you. Nice job!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:52 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by Gichigami
LOL reached character limit on first post much? What’s your personal agenda to make more money by using the platform you call into question?

That took longer than expected for a member of the RateBeer spirit squad to show up. I was banking on ClarkVV, but you post almost as often in these threads. As usual, you also have nothing of substance to add to the thread, and you will dodge relevant questions if I pose them to you. Nice job!

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:54 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by drfabulous
Shorts is already out of MI via Hop Cat.

Yeah, they’ve been in IN and OH for a little while now.

Are they in Chicago/IL? I swear I’ve seen them on tap but I don’t know where.

CLevar
places 23 º 20:58 Wed 7/26/2017

I feel like this must be a user who left

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 21:06 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by CLevar

I mean, I’ve posted like 50 times in two years. This guy appears today. Ws;sp.

ebone1988
beers 2504 º places 24 º 21:06 Wed 7/26/2017

Since this thread has spiraled out of control, I feel it is my duty to make this request.

Rich, drop Bloke.

ebone1988
beers 2504 º places 24 º 21:12 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by CLevar

Yep.

b3shine
beers 12189 º places 372 º 21:37 Wed 7/26/2017

Originally posted by b3shine
Originally posted by drfabulous
Shorts is already out of MI via Hop Cat.

Yeah, they’ve been in IN and OH for a little while now.

Are they in Chicago/IL? I swear I’ve seen them on tap but I don’t know where.

Not sure about IL, but if you’ve spent any time on the IN side of the Chicago metro area, you’ve probably seen them there.

Clownoisseur
beers 531 º places 1 º 21:46 Wed 7/26/2017

They are definitely in the Chicagoland area, as well as Pennsylvania. Happened just before the OH/IN distro did: https://www.google.com/amp/www.chicagotribune.com/dining/ct-shorts-brewing-to-start-distribution-in-chicago-20160128-story,amp.html

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 08:53 Thu 7/27/2017

Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by JK
Originally posted by Skyview
Well, that is one more US brewery that can not use the Brewers Association’s Independent Craft Brewer (drain pour logo) seal on their packaging and point of purchase displays.

Yeah, and do you know who else cannot use it? Schells. Merely because they produce too much.

Brewers association guidelines:
Annual production of 6 million barrels of beer or less (approximately 3 percent of U.S. annual sales). Beer production is attributed to the rules of alternating proprietorships.

August Schell’s Brewing Company annual production as of a couple of years ago: ~150,000 barrels

So unless they have increased their production by a factor of 40, they are okay (I believe with their expansion a few years ago their max capacity is now ~250,000 barrels a year). They are also listed by the Brewers Association as a craft brewery, so I think all of these rumors about them not being able to use the new seal should be verified before being repeated.

Thanks for the correction.

Actually, based on Skyview’s prior post, they aren’t allowed due to the date that the brewery was founded (1860) and their status as a regional brewery. Not that it matters, since the new logo is a bullshit gimmick that most of the local brewers here in Chicago are annoyed with. Pretty fucked up when Sierra Nevada & Anchor can’t use it, but Sam Adams can...