Virtual Bar on Friday 28th anyone?

Reads 4873 • Replies 157 • Started Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:07:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 15:59 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by tommann
There’s a good micro pub called Hail to the Ale on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. Excellent selection of scratchings.

Difficult to get too by all accounts: never made it yet. Did not know about the Scratching selection, but not keen on Morton’s beers, which I believe they major on (I am the top raters of Morton’s beers).

<*))))))><

harrisoni
beers 25357 º places 68 º 15:59 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by Erlangernick
On my proprietary diluted Rothaus Pils / Störtebeker Freibier 3.7% session lager. The new labels (retro?) make not much of a difference.

I’m in Franken with MartinT in January. I’ll BM you the details later.

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 16:04 Fri 10/28/2016

The hopped cider is ok. Needs more hops, but it’s from a uk supermarket. Although it’s a new one from Aston Manor, I reckon the mayor might want one!

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 16:07 Fri 10/28/2016

The M&S Belgian lager is crap. Not a patch on a Eastern Euro lager.

harrisoni
beers 25357 º places 68 º 16:12 Fri 10/28/2016

Eurostar are doing from £29 each way to Brussels again. Even on a Saturday. I could do a return on Saturday 21st January for £58 from Ashford to Brussels.
In fact I am seriously thinking of buying that right now. My flat to sitting in Cantillon in 2 hours 15 minutes. Bit of a no brainer.

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 16:13 Fri 10/28/2016

Rated that bad boy out the can at 6am at Liton airport. Wasn’t that struck.

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 16:19 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by harrisoni
There’s a good micro pub called Hail to the Ale on the outskirts of Wolverhampton. Excellent selection of scratchings.

Great they have expanded so far. I love them. The local cider selection in the East Kent ones has been a great boon this summer. If you want something cold, tasty and thirst quenching, the low tax on small cider producers means I can buy a 35 pint bag in a box including delivery from East Stour cidery for less than £50. It’s just I’m not sure I could drink 5 pints of cider every day for 7 days before it went off. Hmmmm. Perhaps I could?

I have stopped buying pollypins because of that very reason.

My Dad and I would have 36 pints of Batemans Rosey Nosey over Christmas: we missed out on all the other drinks because we would be conscious of the beer going off. So as the ladies and others had G&T’s etc, etc, we would plough on into our pollypin.

We now get loads of decent bottled beers in and also drink everything else.

<*))))))><

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 16:23 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

Difficult to get too by all accounts: never made it yet. Did not know about the Scratching selection, but not keen on Morton’s beers, which I believe they major on (I am the top raters of Morton’s beers).

<*))))))><

I drove there. It does seem a pain on public transport. One Mortons and two guests plus a cider when I went. I think you’d love it if you can make it. Proper pub feel to it.

harrisoni
beers 25357 º places 68 º 16:31 Fri 10/28/2016

right, time for me to retire as brewing early tomorrow morning before a lunchtime session here.
http://www.ratebeer.com/p/montefiore-arms/20239/
A pint of No. 7 Gadds for £2.50 fresh from the brewery. Awesome.

Thanks to Jeremy for organising this evening and to all the contributors.

Drink Orval.

BlackHaddock
beers 15456 º places 1053 º 16:33 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

<*))))))><

I drove there. It does seem a pain on public transport. One Mortons and two guests plus a cider when I went. I think you’d love it if you can make it. Proper pub feel to it.

I delivered to a Parlour Pub in Ludlow yesterday: fantastic looking place: http://www.doghousemagazine.co.uk/pub/

<*))))))><