Virtual Bar on Friday 28th anyone?

Reads 4882 • Replies 157 • Started Wednesday, October 26, 2016 6:07:11 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 14:25 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by RichTheVillan
Originally posted by harrisoni

Rich, is there a spare park bench you can rent to me??

For a share of that Faxe no problem a shame it’s not down as a Malt Likka

BlackHaddock gave it a 2.8 and a decent write up. After about 600ml I am starting to think about pouring it away. Not sure I can do the whole litre. I mean I could be drinking HighWire.

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 14:28 Fri 10/28/2016

Those Faxe cans are crazy. I have a 1 litre can of the Faxe 10% Malt "Likka" in our cupboard, looking forward to necking that! :D

Anyway, next beer up is a Mikkeller collab brewed in Israel - Alexander / Mikkeller The Beer Of Milk & Honey. Going down a treat. Very nice....

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/beername/448394/

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 14:29 Fri 10/28/2016

Flip-top Weiherer Bock next for me: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/weiherer-bock/26871/

Oven pre-heating for a nasty Pizza; I blame everybody else for eating hot stuff and my ’Strong Cheddar’ being crap!

<*))))))><

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 14:32 Fri 10/28/2016

My American Hot is at least hot. Which means the FAXE is fine as a mouth quencher. Can’t wait to drink something that excites me though.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 14:32 Fri 10/28/2016

Just had the Abbaye du Vauclair fruit beer, my teeth are edge it’s that sweet

BlackHaddock
beers 15515 º places 1056 º 14:34 Fri 10/28/2016

BlackHaddock gave it a 2.8 and a decent write up. After about 600ml I am starting to think about pouring it away. Not sure I can do the whole litre. I mean I could be drinking HighWire.

Too be far it was nine years ago and my last paragraph sums it up nicely: Overall an ideal beer for quenching your thirst, but not a world beater in excitement or innovational brewing.

Hope you managed it all.

<*))))))><

leaparsons
beers 12356 º places 11 º 14:36 Fri 10/28/2016

My pizza was americano with garlic and green chilli. Love chilli. Nearly through the Dead by Dawn. Coronation Street is on visual now. Where are the East Midland soap operas?!?!?

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 14:39 Fri 10/28/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Flip-top Weiherer Bock next for me: http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/weiherer-bock/26871/

Oven pre-heating for a nasty Pizza; I blame everybody else for eating hot stuff and my ’Strong Cheddar’ being crap!

<*))))))><

Now Weiherer is certainly one of those breweries that is worth cycling out to from Bamberg. About a 40 minute cycle ride along the canal mostly so easy flat cycling, before turning up hill, but not too steep. I missed the brewery the first time round the village as it’s called Kundmuller rather than Weiherer, but I sat in the garden from 10.00 til late lunchtime drinking some excellent beers. The Keller Pils was a highlight. Big fan.

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 14:46 Fri 10/28/2016

Oh and by the way, everyone interested in beer should book a flight to Bavaria, get a train to Bamberg, hire a bicycle and do the villages around Bamberg. Seriously, I have had more fun in the past 4 years and 6 visits in and around Bamberg than anywhere else in the world. London is great for beer now for sure, but doesn’t have the beer kellers, the villages, the weird little breweries that have been going for decades producing fresh world class lager that will completely change your mind about what a lager can be.

tommann
beers 7123 º places 33 º 14:48 Fri 10/28/2016

Marks and Sparks IPA by arbor. Lemon Lockets and pineapple. Pretty tasty. Got great British menu on.