All Cantillon & 3 Fonteinen pulled from Ebay

Reads 53986 • Replies 369 • Started Sunday, July 29, 2012 3:36:36 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

TURDFERGUSON
beers 4067 º places 154 º 16:54 Wed 8/1/2012

This may have been stated already previously but I have not been
Paying attention to this thread: I was under the impression that ALL beers have been removed from eBay as in no more of the bs statement that the collectible bottles are for
Sale and that whatever happens to be inside is not really whats for sale or however ita properly phrased. I feel like getting rid of all beer sales on eBay is
The only way to get rid of the eBay problem and give more access to consumers want to buy a
Product so they can drink it. I guess there always ways of getting around eBay and I’m sure some people are already in the process of developing their own "beer auction
Site" but I can see the legalities being very sticky.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 17:00 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
This may have been stated already previously but I have not been
Paying attention to this thread: I was under the impression that ALL beers have been removed from eBay as in no more of the bs statement that the collectible bottles are for
Sale and that whatever happens to be inside is not really whats for sale or however ita properly phrased. I feel like getting rid of all beer sales on eBay is
The only way to get rid of the eBay problem and give more access to consumers want to buy a
Product so they can drink it. I guess there always ways of getting around eBay and I’m sure some people are already in the process of developing their own "beer auction
Site" but I can see the legalities being very sticky.

No, just from a couple breweries, many of which are back up now.

craytonic
17:00 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by TURDFERGUSON
I feel like getting rid of all beer sales on eBay is
Product so they can drink it.

So you don’t think people buy beers on eBay because they want to drink them? Wouldn’t that make them "consumers," assuming that they are buying them to consume the contents?

If they aren’t buying them to consume, but because of some desire to "collect" bottles then aren’t they "collectible bottles" - something eBay doesn’t actually have a problem with? My understanding is they canceled auctions because they decided they were not being collected as collectibles but instead consumed.

tyler_mn
beers 1475 º places 67 º 17:50 Wed 8/1/2012

I blame it all on Marc Nolan.

DocLock
beers 11541 º places 158 º 18:17 Wed 8/1/2012

I want ALL beer sales removed from eBay, and my understanding was that this was happening as we speak. When rare beers become an eBay commodity, just like rare toys or action figures or comic books, then the bottom-feeders come out of the woodwork, many of who have no respect or understanding of the beers they are selling, they do not work gainfully for a living, they just want to make a quick buck. These scumbags are the same people fighting kids in Toys-R-Us for the limited edition Hulk Hogan figure or the limited Matchbox car. These assholes, and those that choose to defend them, can fuck off as far as I am concerned. This is not capitalism. It is dickball.

monsterzero
18:40 Wed 8/1/2012

Originally posted by DocLock
I want ALL beer sales removed from eBay, and my understanding was that this was happening as we speak. When rare beers become an eBay commodity, just like rare toys or action figures or comic books, then the bottom-feeders come out of the woodwork, many of who have no respect or understanding of the beers they are selling, they do not work gainfully for a living, they just want to make a quick buck. These scumbags are the same people fighting kids in Toys-R-Us for the limited edition Hulk Hogan figure or the limited Matchbox car. These assholes, and those that choose to defend them, can fuck off as far as I am concerned. This is not capitalism. It is dickball.

Please tell us how you feel about the buyers.

Forgetfu
19:27 Wed 8/1/2012

There are plenty of good thoughts throughout this thread presenting alternate views on this, though i’m guessing you haven’t read them.

Dare i ask what your thoughts are on trading?

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 19:33 Wed 8/1/2012

I think a lot of people don’t realize that not all beers on Ebay sell for outrageously high prices. All three Baladin Xyuauyu barleywines sold on Ebay for the price of one of them at my local store (which still had it in stock at the time). Bottles of beers such as Newport Storm 06 sold for as little as $1 a few months back. Those don’t catch headlines like $1500+ for one bottle of Cantillon Festbier.

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 21:27 Wed 8/1/2012

I’m just confused as to why only some beer was pulled. Shouldn’t this be an all or nothing deal?

madmitch76
beers 36920 º places 240 º 02:07 Thu 8/2/2012

The scenarios you describe are ugly but supply and demand is pure capitalism, not liking it doesn’t make it other than what it is.

And is it always a quick buck? If someone drives for hours and lines up for more?