BrewDog Launches the World’s Strongest Beer

Reads 23148 • Replies 113 • Started Thursday, November 26, 2009 2:27:12 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

schorsch
07:09 Thu 11/26/2009

I have sent my new beer record information (schorschbock 40% Vol)to brewdogblog on their homepage,but they kicked me out and closed it for comments.Well done guys-no good behaviour.shame on you!
greetings
Schorsch,brewing master and owner of schorsch-brewery

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 07:17 Thu 11/26/2009

Originally posted by schorsch
I have sent my new beer record information (schorschbock 40% Vol)to brewdogblog on their homepage,but they kicked me out and closed it for comments.Well done guys-no good behaviour.shame on you!
greetings
Schorsch,brewing master and owner of schorsch-brewery

To be honest im not suprised at that. I may be wrong but i didnt see anything on your website about the 40% beer.

Yeah you may have it in works it may even be ready but you hadnt made any anouncement that im aware of.

Personally i find it quite unsporting to try to scupper another brewerys promotion. SO they only have the strongest beer till next week when you anounce youe 40% one. SO what theres world records broken shortly after a new one was set.

schorsch
07:32 Thu 11/26/2009

my intention is not to destroy your selling,but you should not ignore informations.i could not find a phone number or e-mail to contact you,so this was the only way to reach you.
Of course there is at the moment no reason for you to stop selling your batch because its been the strongest beer in the world at this time and i will respect your hard work.
the lab-results will be on my homepage soon and i honestly wish you a lot of success with selling your beers.
We will start selling our schorschbock 40% mid of January the first time.

Schorsch

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 07:40 Thu 11/26/2009

my intention is not to destroy your selling,but you should not ignore informations.i could not find a phone number or e-mail to contact you,so this was the only way to reach you.
Of course there is at the moment no reason for you to stop selling your batch because its been the strongest beer in the world at this time and i will respect your hard work.
the lab-results will be on my homepage soon and i honestly wish you a lot of success with selling your beers.

Schorsch

First off Im not brew dog.(well i might own 1 share come janaury)

But my point was, it does you no harm to wait a week before coming forward with your 40% beer

But if you go posting on Brewdogs blog or such, then you destroy a great week publicity that they can gather in the Papers in the UK.

Im sure Brewdog will see the beer strongest beer or not, but will they get all the publicty . No probably not.

What do you gain out of losing Brewdog all that free publicity.

So for now there beer that they are selling is the strongest, yeah yours will be much stronger when you releaee it in January and you can get all your publicity then when you Valianly recleaim your title.

But at the moment they have released the strongest beer. What harm does it do you to let them have there moment

TimE
beers 8459 º places 409 º 07:48 Thu 11/26/2009

God, has this gone way off Topic. I love the concept. I love love Brewdog marketing and I love most of their beers (OK, Storm was a drain pour).

I think it is a bit odd that a non-American brewery gets bashed for making extreme beers, but when an American brewery, in general, makes some type of extreme beer there is a lot of positive hype around this.

Someone mentioned that James brings negative publicity to the site, but I think people just are not accepting of Brewdog’s approach or are just unwilling to support them for whatever reason. Replace Brewdog with Hair of the Dog and Tactical Nuclear Penguin with Older Dave in blah blah blah barrel or something like that and people would be going apeshit. Too many haters out there, but the little guys need support for trying something new, if you don’t like it don’t say anything and go back to drinking BMC at least they aren’t trying to push the scary envelope!

Tim

reakt
beers 959 º places 7 º 07:51 Thu 11/26/2009

Can’t we all just get along?

Let’s just sit back, drink some Nanny State and think about this...

jdubFL
08:04 Thu 11/26/2009

I was going to order 2 of these and have them shipped to Florida. They are 330ml it was going to be $170.... So I am gonna pass for now. Just wanted to pass that alond incase anyone else was interested in ordering any to the states and wondered what it may cost.

schorsch
08:07 Thu 11/26/2009

your arguments are good,maybe im too nervous but the last two times i was fooled with my very long waiting because the two breweries didnt stop advertising "The strongest" for very long time (half a year and the other one more than 18 months,so that my customers got angry and in the end i had to stop their selling by advocate.time will show if they will be fair or not.
good conversation,sorry that i must stop now
wish you a good time

Schorsch

Originally posted by cgarvieuk

Schorsch

First off Im not brew dog.(well i might own 1 share come janaury)

But my point was, it does you no harm to wait a week before coming forward with your 40% beer

But if you go posting on Brewdogs blog or such, then you destroy a great week publicity that they can gather in the Papers in the UK.

Im sure Brewdog will see the beer strongest beer or not, but will they get all the publicty . No probably not.

What do you gain out of losing Brewdog all that free publicity.

So for now there beer that they are selling is the strongest, yeah yours will be much stronger when you releaee it in January and you can get all your publicity then when you Valianly recleaim your title.

But at the moment they have released the strongest beer. What harm does it do you to let them have there moment

cgarvieuk
beers 37694 º places 457 º 08:16 Thu 11/26/2009

your arguments are good,maybe im too nervous but the last two times i was fooled with my very long waiting because the two breweries didnt stop advertising "The strongest" for very long time (half a year and the other one more than 18 months,so that my customers got angry and in the end i had to stop their selling by advocate.time will show if they will be fair or not.
good conversation,sorry that i must stop now
wish you a good time

Schorsch

Now that I can sympathise with, there no excuse for continual promotion of the untruth.

I can only hop that brewdog do not do the same when you release you 40% beer. but by then i suspect they will be on to some other madcap publicity scheme

SilkTork
beers 7767 º places 111 º 08:58 Thu 11/26/2009

Originally posted by reakt
Can’t we all just get along?

Let’s just sit back, drink some Nanny State and think about this...