EU vote

Reads 15973 • Replies 274 • Started Thursday, June 23, 2016 3:41:46 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

martjoobolut
beers 9886 º places 738 º 10:19 Mon 6/27/2016

Even before the exit vote took place, I always thought about this clip when someone was speaking about UK & EU: http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/25/this-1980-clip-from-classic-comedy-yes-minister-pretty-much-sums-up-brexit-5966657/

I agree that it’s way too early to say what will actually happen. I think it will depend mostly of how much time there is for cool down. The politicians of UK (and EU) can’t just ignore the democratic vote likes some are suggestin here. It seems that EU side is in the anger stage of grieving. Juncker & co is indicating that they want to f*ck UK up just to make an example out of it (so noone else would want to leave EU). Hence, there is no way at the moment that UK will get a deal that is anything close to the deal with Norway. And let’s not forget that Norway is part of Schengen, takes over about 90% EU laws, allows free movement of the workforce (although they aren’t too happy about it) and are paying millions of euros to EU (although it is a lot less than UK is paying, but then again I suspect that they get back also a lot less). Maybe after the cool down period similar deal with UK will be possible, but at the present I don’t see it.

That being said, I think that Scotland is actually in the best possible situation. EU wants Scotland just to screw over UK and UK needs Scotland to show the unity. If Scotland plays their cards right, they may come out as the real winners of this fiasco.

Originally posted by jjsint
Originally posted by Erlangernick
Looking more and more forward to quality session time in my favourite Thanet pubs next month, as well as finding some new ones (to me). No evil keg/chem-fizz for me though, pongy cask only!

You’re coming at the right time. Summer is icumen in. Loudly sing hote golde.
Loudly sing, cucco!

The loudly singing cuckoo has never really went out of fashion.

cgarvieuk
beers 37643 º places 457 º 12:10 Mon 6/27/2016

Originally posted by FatPhil

It would be good if anyone who parrotted the 350 million figure, and asserted its correctness when challenged, could be locked away as a guest of her majesty,

Yeah i cant think of another political lie as big as this that Every one Challenged and they stuck to. Then the day after said, oh no thats not right.

I suspect even all the Leave voters here would happily string them up for that.

SarkyNorthener
beers 5200 º places 142 º 12:25 Mon 6/27/2016

Get ready for England to leave Europe again, tonight.

RichTheVillan
beers 10685 º places 101 º 12:27 Mon 6/27/2016

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

Welfare case

BlackHaddock
beers 15480 º places 1056 º 13:14 Mon 6/27/2016

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener

Iceland is just a shop chain, like Farmfoods: don’t believe all that European Nations stuff mate, next thing you’ll be telling me the French love British Cheeses.

<*))))))><

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 13:15 Mon 6/27/2016

Bojo is a Demi God

Desverger
beers 29281 º places 383 º 14:11 Mon 6/27/2016

There goes another UK credit ratings downgrade, never expected that...

Breaking News -Ratings agency S&P downgrades UK’s credit rating from AAA to AA with a negative outlook after #Brexit vote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-36644934

Also made history as well - Britain’s downgrade by S&P today was historic - the first time the ratings agency has ever cut a AAA sovereign rating by two notches.

madmitch76
beers 36962 º places 240 º 17:25 Mon 6/27/2016

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 18:53 Mon 6/27/2016