RateBeer Summer Gathering 2015 Thread

Reads 21258 • Replies 282 • Started Monday, April 20, 2015 11:11:28 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

teddyarrowhead
places 1 º 10:01 Thu 6/18/2015

Hey everyone - really looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and meeting a lot of new ones on Saturday at The Commons. I know digita7693 has been in contact with many of you regarding dropping off donations for Brews for New Avenues, and I just wanted to give a heads up that I will be the guy picking them up (as well as sharing a ton of great beers with all of you). I’ll be wearing my purple BFNA shirt, so hopefully I’ll be easy to pick out.

I have few questions about the grand tasting. I see the spreadsheet regarding beers people are bringing to the summer gathering in general a couple pages back - are those all coming to The Commons on Saturday, or is that just a general reference for everyone as to what’ll be in town with you? Second, the limit for the tasting is around 40 people, correct? Is there a specific sign-up sheet for that, or are you just counting names on the ’what are you bringing’ sheet? Forgive me if these questions have been answered elsewhere - I couldn’t find anything after skimming this thread quickly.

Cheers and thanks for your support!

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 10:20 Thu 6/18/2015

The list is just reference for what people are bringing to the whole weekend, not only the tasting

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 10:41 Thu 6/18/2015

If you’ve indicated that you are attending the Ratebeer Summer Gathering on the Ratebeer event page or if you’ve added your name to the spreadsheet, you are on the list to attend the Grand Tasting . We currently stand at 44. If you haven’t already signed up through either the events page or the spreadsheet e-mail me at hannonpdx@gmail.com if you’d like to come and I’ll add you to the list on a first come first served basis. We have room for approximately 4 more people. Please note that Ratebeer folks traveling from out of town will have a guaranteed spot at the grand tasting if they’d like to attend. If you have questions send me a beermail or e-mail me at hannonpdx@gmail.com

STLWill
11:49 Thu 6/18/2015

Just got to Portland and will be going to Hair of the Dog (since I won’t be here Saturday) for lunch at 11:30 if anyone wants to meet up.

Also, can anyone recommend a place to get a 24 bottle 12oz styroshipper?

hannont
beers 2 º places 7 º 11:53 Thu 6/18/2015

I’ve never seen 12 oz styro shippers available locally. I’ve always purchased them online when I needed them

djd07
beers 28657 º places 45 º 12:43 Thu 6/18/2015

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
woooooooooooo

Seattle crew is coming correct (but later on Thursday). Hoping for after party activities.

Lobby share?

douglas88
admin
beers 13204 º places 398 º 12:45 Thu 6/18/2015

Originally posted by hannont
I’ve never seen 12 oz styro shippers available locally. I’ve always purchased them online when I needed them

Me neither.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 12:53 Thu 6/18/2015

Originally posted by djd07
Originally posted by beastiefan2k
woooooooooooo

Seattle crew is coming correct (but later on Thursday). Hoping for after party activities.

Lobby share?

I hope so.

Sarlacc83
beers 2662 º places 111 º 15:44 Thu 6/18/2015

On my way to the Jupiter in a bit. Wearing a Pink Floyd 1973 tour shirt. Even though I wasn’t alive in 73. Don’t judge me!

DuffMan
beers 10981 º places 349 º 17:48 Thu 6/18/2015

Jupitor is being tight-assed about drinking on their patio, so we’ve moved across the street to Eastside Lodge patio-- myself, Ferris, and Sarlacc83. Big bottles have been opened! Need assistance!!