Ratebeer winter gathering kickoff thread

Reads 12516 • Replies 157 • Started Tuesday, August 14, 2012 6:17:37 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 13:34 Fri 8/31/2012

Whoa this thread made RateBeer weekly!

StFun
beers 567 º places 11 º 16:41 Fri 8/31/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
Originally posted by StFun
Alright people, you can stop this nonsense now. It’s going to be in LA INDIANAPOLIS. People from SD, SF, Chicago, Austin, Tampa also agree that it should be in LA INDIANAPOLIS. We also have Joe’s vote, so what more do you want? We already have 90% of the breweries confirmed (including a location for the grand tasting) along with special beers that will be made for the event.

I think you mean New Mexico.

Not that anyone would vote Indy, especially in Winter, but it really is becoming a pretty cool beer city. We have about 15 breweries in the area: Brugge, Sun King (GABF record holders), Flat 12, New Day Meadery, Broad Ripple Brew Pub, Barley Island, Oaken Barrel, BIER, Black Swam, Fountain Square Brewery, Black Acre, 3 Wise Men, Triton, Rathskeller, and Indianapolis City Beer; not to mention the presence of FFF, Upland, and New Albanian. Upland has their Tap Room here, and we have several cool beer bars in the area (Shallos, Twenty Tap, Sinking Ship, Tomlinson Tap Room, Catham Tap, MacNivens, Black Market, Imbibe, Beer Celler, and the new Brugge Restaurant/Bar coming to Downtown).

jcwattsrugger
beers 13457 º places 3 º 16:55 Fri 8/31/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0
Alright people, you can stop this nonsense now. It’s going to be in LA INDIANAPOLIS. People from SD, SF, Chicago, Austin, Tampa also agree that it should be in LA INDIANAPOLIS. We also have Joe’s vote, so what more do you want? We already have 90% of the breweries confirmed (including a location for the grand tasting) along with special beers that will be made for the event.

I am going thru Indy next week, and hope to stop at a few places. I think Indy should consider putting a proposal in for RBSG-13.

cheers john
I think you mean New Mexico.

Not that anyone would vote Indy, especially in Winter, but it really is becoming a pretty cool beer city. We have about 15 breweries in the area: Brugge, Sun King (GABF record holders), Flat 12, New Day Meadery, Broad Ripple Brew Pub, Barley Island, Oaken Barrel, BIER, Black Swam, Fountain Square Brewery, Black Acre, 3 Wise Men, Triton, Rathskeller, and Indianapolis City Beer; not to mention the presence of FFF, Upland, and New Albanian. Upland has their Tap Room here, and we have several cool beer bars in the area (Shallos, Twenty Tap, Sinking Ship, Tomlinson Tap Room, Catham Tap, MacNivens, Black Market, Imbibe, Beer Celler, and the new Brugge Restaurant/Bar coming to Downtown).

SrSilliGose
beers 3351 º places 252 º 16:58 Fri 8/31/2012

iowa

jcwattsrugger
beers 13457 º places 3 º 17:16 Fri 8/31/2012

Originally posted by lushawn
iowa

Put a proposal together! I would guess Des Moines would be included?

But not beantown

cheers john

douglas88
admin
beers 13197 º places 398 º 18:43 Fri 8/31/2012

I’m putting together an awesome SLC proposal. To be revealed early next week.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 19:13 Fri 8/31/2012

Originally posted by douglas88

Score!

nbutler11
beers 1269 º places 356 º 11:57 Sat 9/1/2012

Looking forward to it!

SLC PUNK!

SuperDave
beers 1932 º places 26 º 14:03 Sat 9/1/2012

Yes please!

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 15:06 Sat 9/1/2012

I think the Jax proposal is basically wrapped up... what do we do? Wait for a time to post a link at the same time as others and then folks vote?