RBSG 2012 Los Angeles info/updates

Reads 47516 • Replies 470 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:18:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 21:03 Wed 6/27/2012

So what do you guys want to do about food at the food stops? For Beachwood and Blue Palms I’m thinking fixed menu (probably 3 items from the regular menu) and at Pizza Port I’ll probably have to call in an initial order of pizzas after we leave Tustin. Not quite sure about Taps just yet, thinking small lunch.

Please weigh in with your thoughts.

Friday:
-Taps for lunch
-Pizza Port for dinner

Saturday:
-Blue Palms for brunch (not normally open before lunch so it may change)
-Beachwood for dinner

vacax
21:48 Wed 6/27/2012

No ideas on Taps.

Pizza Port, it’s the last stop Friday, I think we might as well just take it easy and let everyone order as they would normally there.

Blue Palms: breakfast burrito bar. This is maybe the best idea I’ve ever had. If not, well a normal brunch with regular breakfast foods for a modest price, nothing too fancy like truffled eggs or blue cheese blintzes are necessary. Not breakfast related, but what if fuego steak melts somehow took slider form... or wait what if it somehow became breakfast food...

Beachwood, set menu is a good idea, bbq and a couple sides for a set price, with an advance idea of how many people want to buy it... should get us through relatively quickly on the way to the Grand Tasting.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 22:08 Wed 6/27/2012

Originally posted by vacax

Pizza Port, it’s the last stop Friday, I think we might as well just take it easy and let everyone order as they would normally there.

I think you’re right, we’ll have plenty of time there. We could probably stay there 3 hours and not go over the time for the bus.

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 23:30 Wed 6/27/2012

Please have options for those who do not eat beef or pork if you can.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 07:26 Thu 6/28/2012

Originally posted by daknole

You get water and bread. I’ll talk to Gabe and Brian about veggie options. If you’re OK with chicken that makes things easier but I suspect that we’ll have some vegetarians on the bus too.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 10:58 Thu 6/28/2012

Originally posted by daknole

Bobby is not aware that there exist people who do not live off of sausage and cheeseburgers...

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:08 Thu 6/28/2012

I suggested to Gabe the idea of a fixed price ($10-$15) and limiting the menu to 3ish options. He correctly pointed out that covers only the entre but he’d throw in a house beer as well for that price and of course make pairing suggestions. I’m thinking we’ll go that route, unless there are some better alternatives suggested. Any beer beyond that will be regular price.

vacax
16:55 Thu 6/28/2012

I’ll eat a catering tray of blue cheese grits or die trying

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 23:10 Thu 6/28/2012

Originally posted by womencantsail
Bobby is not aware that there exist people who do not live off of sausage and cheeseburgers...

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:53 Fri 6/29/2012

Anyone need a reason to be on the Friday bus? AleSmith is sending a keg of brewers blend Speedway with Vietnamese coffee. Depending on how much of that you hooligans drink a growler or two may make an appearance at the grand tasting.