RBSG 2012 Los Angeles info/updates

Reads 47377 • Replies 470 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:18:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FrumptyDumpty
03:58 Thu 2/9/2012

I was joking a bit there craig. I am surprised not more has been talked about for RBESG either.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 06:26 Thu 2/9/2012

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
Originally posted by t0rin0

Hey, thanks for all that. If you guys want to hate start a thread and try to get the admins to take charge of the event next year, or maybe put a proposal together. We’re trying to host the best possible gathering this year. You’re welcome to come out and join in on the fun but if you have no intention to do so please save it for another thread.

Im sure you’ll oraganise a great event, and it obviously to late to change now.

but having no vested interest in where it is (as im not gonna make it across the pond)

i think its important that lessons be learned, and this year it seemed to me there was a lot less discussion about options and who wanted to put proposals forward, than there has been in other years.

So i can see how some people might have legitimate concerns, and that should not just be ignored

Maybe you’re not grasping the concept. This thread is about the gathering that is already in the process of planning. Please start another thread in which to voice your concerns. Leave this one alone.

beastiefan2k
beers 5012 º places 294 º 07:09 Thu 2/9/2012

Originally posted by phaleslu
Honestly, I’m still kind of pissed no other city got a heads up to put a proposal together.

Start planning 2013. I can secure a discount for shirts and glasses.

phaleslu
admin
beers 16533 º places 792 º 09:38 Thu 2/9/2012

Originally posted by beastiefan2k
Start planning 2013. I can secure a discount for shirts and glasses.

I’m not going to step on the toes of my buddies in Chicago, who will be putting one together. I had been talking with people locally about 2012.

KAggie97
beers 3529 º places 220 º 11:11 Thu 2/9/2012

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 15:31 Thu 2/9/2012

Originally posted by t0rin0

Hey, thanks for all that. If you guys want to hate start a thread and try to get the admins to take charge of the event next year, or maybe put a proposal together. We’re trying to host the best possible gathering this year. You’re welcome to come out and join in on the fun but if you have no intention to do so please save it for another thread.

Im sure you’ll oraganise a great event, and it obviously to late to change now.

but having no vested interest in where it is (as im not gonna make it across the pond)

i think its important that lessons be learned, and this year it seemed to me there was a lot less discussion about options and who wanted to put proposals forward, than there has been in other years.

So i can see how some people might have legitimate concerns, and that should not just be ignored

FWIW, I specifically recall it being brought up that RBSG is basically unofficial anyway. It’s not hosted by the website, it’s basically kind of like a fan convention, if that makes sense. No offense to anyone else that wanted to put together a proposal, but you should have went ahead with it the way that LA did. Or started a thread asking about it or done any hundred of other things to figure out what was going on. That being said, back to you t0rino...

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 15:46 Thu 2/9/2012

Yeah, I effed up and let certain people get under my skin. I apologize to those that I offended and those that feel they didnt have a chance to compete. The official I Hate T0rin0 thread can be found here:

http://www.ratebeer.com/forums/rbsg-rbwg-rbeg-planning-process_192403.htm

In other news I’ll be at Ladyface in a couple hours to talk with Cyrena about making an RBSG beer for us.

VertBaconStrips
beers 2445 º places 4 º 23:32 Sun 2/26/2012

updates?

daknole
beers 11050 º places 464 º 23:42 Sun 2/26/2012

Lets not ignore the fact that Bobby has spent an enormous amount of time and energy on this. He has been in touch with so many people for the past few months and has really busted his ass to make sure this event is awesome and enjoyable for everyone. There will be some kick ass beer, great people and an overall great time.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 06:23 Mon 2/27/2012

Will post updates today or tomorrow (yes, we’ve been working on this). Now that winter gathering is done we’ll start pimping the event more.