Return of the Fanø Summer Slumber party

Reads 28173 • Replies 180 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 9:48:06 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Nightfall
beers 1313 º places 45 º 11:54 Thu 3/29/2012

Originally posted by fiulijn
Originally posted by MPA
Originally posted by Dedollewaitor
I could very well have to choose between Fanø and 3 days in Bamberg. But then again I would love to beat your asses at that crappy hackey-sack game again!

Most awesome American game ever! EPIC! (Because I kicked all of your asses)

Don’t worry about Mads; according to Jan, if I come he won’t come.
I can’t remember clearly what happened last Saturday though... ;-)

I only know that you were the last one to go to bed, and Mads left running before you woke up and before breakfast

FrumptyDumpty
23:47 Sat 4/14/2012

Yo so are we going to age the whole batch in Bourbon? Thats no issue for me I just need to know so I can tell the label guy when to work on label.

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 00:58 Sun 4/15/2012

Originally posted by FrumptyDumpty
Yo so are we going to age the whole batch in Bourbon?

That sounds soooo much Hr. Papsø - naturally I’m all in! Remember I served you one blind last fall? At 3 years old you though it was a Barleywine.
Could that be a Rye barrel - to try something completely different?
How big a batch are we talking about Ryan? However, I always think it’s nice to have both a barreled and an un-barreled version to be able to compare.

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 01:00 Sun 4/15/2012

Originally posted by Papsoe
Yo so are we going to age the whole batch in Bourbon?

That sounds soooo much Hr. Papsø - naturally I’m all in! Remember I served you one blind last fall? At 3 years old you though it was a Barleywine.
Could that be a Rye barrel - to try something completely different?
How big a batch are we talking about Ryan? However, I always think it’s nice to have both a barreled and an un-barreled version to be able to compare.

Well, I actually meant "slightly" different. We just don’t have that many beers aged on Rye in DK.

FrumptyDumpty
01:04 Sun 4/15/2012

The bourbon depends on what my supplier has in stock at the time. Batch size will depend on what people agree about the beer. If it will all go on wood then I will just do a single batch.

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 01:16 Sun 4/15/2012

The bourbon depends on what my supplier has in stock at the time. Batch size will depend on what people agree about the beer. If it will all go on wood then I will just do a single batch.

Thanks. I’ll vote for a split brew with half of it barrel aged.

FrumptyDumpty
02:55 Sun 4/15/2012

Yeah who am I kidding you danes want all the ticks you can get. I guess this means half and half.

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 07:54 Fri 5/18/2012

I discussed this with Ryan a couple of weeks ago. He will give it a shot to find a Rye barrel. And if he succeeds he’s contemplating adding 15% rye to the malt bill making it a "Rye on Rye Quad". Sounds kinda cool to me...
However he’s also threatening to sending us all out to pick local heather for the beer....or was it only Christian?

Theis
beers 15148 º places 114 º 11:32 Fri 5/18/2012

Originally posted by Papsoe
I discussed this with Ryan a couple of weeks ago. He will give it a shot to find a Rye barrel. And if he succeeds he’s contemplating adding 15% rye to the malt bill making it a "Rye on Rye Quad". Sounds kinda cool to me...
However he’s also threatening to sending us all out to pick local heather for the beer....or was it only Christian?

Sounds good... we are gonna send Christian !!!

cgarvieuk
beers 37643 º places 457 º 13:30 Fri 5/18/2012

Yeah who am I kidding you danes want all the ticks you can get. I guess this means half and half.

me too