What ya drinkin’ part ten.

Reads 67516 • Replies 773 • Started Sunday, June 1, 2014 1:46:39 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 13:46 Sun 6/1/2014

I had to do it the old thread is frozen . Richard forgive me but I went to Ithaca Beer to look for their new beers and I found one. So I had to start the thread.

Yes it’s a long post.

Ithaca Beer Lucifer’s Steps

HI everyone. I am little disappointed. We got to Ithaca Beer and their flight was cancelled due to kicking the kegs. SO there was a bit of the Lucifer’s Steps left and I had a glass of that.

It was light on malt with a trace of salt in the drink and a mineral quality overall. The dry hopping on this beer is lovely and floral. Very fragrant. A bit of woodiness a bit of something faintly herbal. The beer was refreshing and dry although a touch of malt lied underneath. Light in color, cloudy and yellow and there was no head when they brought it. Slightly off white foam though and no real lace. It’s pink salt they use in this goze . I asked the server if this was a goze and he said it was a hybrid or a blend of styles but did not say which ones. The hops in this one are pacific gem and northern brewer. They gave a great combination of floral and perfume but no real fruit. It had a just a mild nip from bitterness. The salt is the surprise in this beer as it is my first goze ( or hybrid) a soft and gentle mouthfeel with practically no malt sweetness. It was my favorite part of the beer. The fact that the malt was not too sweet nor was it too breaddy made it elusive and quite the treat as it laid itself out softly and with only a wheat like strength.Not really sour but only mildy tart overall. Slightly sparkling carbonation. Dry finish and the salt became more prominent as it drank.

I came home with a bottle of sixteen. The second beer in the pics is flower power which is always delightful on tap. This time it was piney and very bitter with prominent grapefruit. (as per usual)

This is the "gose"

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 16:18 Sun 6/1/2014

bump

I’m the only one drinking or WAT?

blipp
beers 14843 º places 219 º 16:49 Sun 6/1/2014

I’m on a couch in front of my apartment in Newark drinking All Day IPA with some friends. It’s 75 and the sun is about an hour from setting. Decent day.

MacBoost
beers 2074 º places 37 º 17:45 Sun 6/1/2014

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 17:58 Sun 6/1/2014

Originally posted by blipp
I’m on a couch in front of my apartment in Newark drinking All Day IPA with some friends. It’s 75 and the sun is about an hour from setting. Decent day.

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 17:59 Sun 6/1/2014

Originally posted by BoostIPA

I’m so happy I am not alone.

sloth
beers 3474 º places 102 º 18:05 Sun 6/1/2014

Perfect weather this weekend in Merlind. Drinkin Go To.

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 18:10 Sun 6/1/2014

Originally posted by sloth

Perfect weather this weekend in Merlind. Drinkin Go To.

BERT!

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 18:43 Sun 6/1/2014

New Glarus Berliner Weisse. A 3% ABV nightcap!

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 19:13 Sun 6/1/2014

Originally posted by jlruthven
New Glarus Berliner Weisse. A 3% ABV nightcap!

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 13:19 Mon 6/2/2014

Did all my chores - check.
Got hair cut for summer - check.
Made plans to stay home tomorrow and get my mail order package containing beer from HEATER ALLEN - check.

Time for a beer. Cheers Ratebeer XD