What’s new - Part 2

Reads 13346 • Replies 162 • Started Monday, September 8, 2014 4:03:09 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 09:07 Wed 2/25/2015

Originally posted by thome50
Originally posted by t0rin0
Then there’s Area 51. Last time I talked to him he said he was getting pretty close to throwing in the towel since he wasn’t making any money.

The 9bro9 is losing some truly world class breweries.

WHAT?! I may have to get one of you 9bro9ers to get a growler. Not sure I have the ammo necessary to land a beer of this caliber though.

I’ll send you one if you promise NOT to send me anything from Manrock

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 14:18 Wed 2/25/2015

I just got a message from the owner of Filthy Perro. This could be interesting. He actually owns a 10 bbl brewhouse already and was part of the way into the build out and licensing when he had to move out (some issues with the landlord).

We may have a brewer that actually knows what he’s doing. Also, according to the facebook page he’s going to be releasing a couple of beers that he brewed at another brewery. No mention of what beers or what brewery but he basically used their ABC license and his own homebrew equipment, so at the very least it’ll be his recipes.

I’ll update when I know more.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 23:57 Thu 2/26/2015

WAIT A MINUTE...you’re saying I’ve missed the chance to go to Thompson? Or is there still hope?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:00 Fri 2/27/2015

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
WAIT A MINUTE...you’re saying I’ve missed the chance to go to Thompson? Or is there still hope?

I think Andrew was right and they’re upgrading. He’s looking to cash in on the old system marketing it as a turn key nano brewery. He’s fermenting in small plastic fermenters and using a tiny system, I fail to see how it’s worth anywhere near the 75k he’s asking.

Brewery equipment and current full setup FOR SALE! Sale includes all large items for 1.5 barrel brewery with 18 taps. Sale includes tables, bar stools, brewing system, sinks, bar and taps, 4 walk in fridges, fermentation vessels, etc. If you ever wanted to open a brewery, this is a dream set up for a starter. This purchase does require you to take over our current lease (2000sq feet) and do your own paperwork for your brewery including TTB, ABC, BOE, DBA, etc. but it does include our current CUP which will save you a lot of time and money. We have already worked out how to turn the current set up into a 3 barrel so you have room for growth. The price is $75,000. The offer is good until March 31st. Email or PM us if you are interested. We are NOT closing our brewery, we are simply upgrading to a larger system and location. ‪#‎ThompsonBrewing‬

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 18:29 Fri 2/27/2015

Wow I dont know what is worse news, that they were closing or that they actually have enough demand to warrant an "upgrade".

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:41 Sun 3/1/2015

South Park Brewing started their soft opening yesterday. What is that now, 7 breweries on 30th? They don’t have squat for contact info so if anyone (non admin) finds a real website, phone number, or email address feel free to post it in this thread and I’ll add it.

I checked out Kuracali and Wavelength. Kuracali still doesn’t have any sakes yet but I did have a very educational conversation with the owner about different kinds of rice, polishing of rice, and growing up yeast cultures. Also heard about the conflicting state and federal liquor laws as it applies to beer/sake vs wine/sake and needing to split the address and brewery into two. 3 bbl system, fermenting in plastic in home made refrigerators.

Wavelength had 6 IPAs on ("regular", "west coast", black, rye double, pineapple, and grapefruit), all of which tasted like cedar and in some cases also meat drippings. Didn’t try the other beers. Cool spot and in the same building as the new Mother Earth. They’re in the process of getting whatever licensing is required to do live music. Also a 3 bbl system. Didn’t see the fermentation area but can only assume it’s taking place in the very large walk in fridge behind the bar.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 11:01 Sun 3/1/2015

Make that 8 breweries on 30th St (Hillcrest is listed there but it’s a mile west, also Fall Brewing is cut off the map at the very top but is still listed).

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 22:52 Mon 3/2/2015

Kilowatt starts their soft opening this weekend (thanks to the West Coaster for the heads up).

If anyone goes to Kilowatt or South Park please get a picture of the tap list and if you want also add the beers.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:12 Tue 3/3/2015

Originally posted by t0rin0
Kilowatt starts their soft opening this weekend (thanks to the West Coaster for the heads up).

If anyone goes to Kilowatt or South Park please get a picture of the tap list and if you want also add the beers.

Looks like Kilowatt is walking distance from Council, Societe, and Obriens. Could make for a fun pub crawl.

rcubed
beers 35 º 11:48 Tue 3/3/2015

A friend of mine with a really good palate said that Wavelength had some oxidized beers and at least one had a smokey character to it. Going to stick with ME in that area until I hear they have improved.