What’s new -Part 4

Reads 14159 • Replies 168 • Started Friday, September 25, 2015 11:01:20 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 17:59 Sat 2/20/2016

I see that ballast point Temecula and Relentless brewing were not added. Will fill them out tomorrow.

Who/what is Resident Brewing?

olibeer22
11:03 Sun 2/21/2016

It’s a small brewery inside The Local Eatery in downtown San Diego.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:20 Sun 2/21/2016

Originally posted by olibeer22
It’s a small brewery inside The Local Eatery in downtown San Diego.

Cool, thanks. Will have to make sure to stop in next trip down that way.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 12:25 Sun 2/21/2016

Wow. I’m looking forward to ticking some of these places next week. I’ll be flying into San Diego next Sunday and then working my way up the coast to Beachwood Blendery, hitting a couple places on the way.

Then I’m staying in Riverside Monday-Wednesday and making my way back down to San Diego Thursday-Saturday. Finishing things up with the Festival of Funk. If anyone wants to meet up somewhere, let me know. Any suggestions for some under-the-radar places would be great too.

Cheers.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 12:35 Sun 2/21/2016

Originally posted by joeneugs
Wow. I’m looking forward to ticking some of these places next week. I’ll be flying into San Diego next Sunday and then working my way up the coast to Beachwood Blendery, hitting a couple places on the way.

Then I’m staying in Riverside Monday-Wednesday and making my way back down to San Diego Thursday-Saturday. Finishing things up with the Festival of Funk. If anyone wants to meet up somewhere, let me know. Any suggestions for some under-the-radar places would be great too.

Cheers.

joeneugs
beers 6372 º places 240 º 13:13 Sun 2/21/2016

Originally posted by t0rin0

Then I’m staying in Riverside Monday-Wednesday

Another poop convention.... literally. A couple thousand wastewater workers coming to get drunk on Area 51.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:51 Sun 2/21/2016

Originally posted by joeneugs
Originally posted by t0rin0

Then I’m staying in Riverside Monday-Wednesday

Another poop convention.... literally. A couple thousand wastewater workers coming to get drunk on Area 51.

I can make this happen

beercation
beers 2 º places 4 º 15:33 Sun 2/21/2016

Riverslime!

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 00:37 Sun 2/28/2016

Damn it, someone add places for Legends, Golden Road Anaheim, and Hoparazzi so I can check into them.

Update:

Archaic is an Italian deli/restaurant with a little brewing system squeezed in the back. Beer is meh.

Cismontane Santa Ana is not yet brewing there but they have fenced off part of the building and are building their still. They had at least 3 barrel aged lagers. Beer is meh.

Back Street brewing facility actually uses equipment taken from the Irvine location plus some more fermenters. Beer is meh.

Golden Road mega facility in Anaheim is also not brewing yet. Actually, my buddy got a peak into the back room and said that it’s completely empty, so I guess they have a ways to go before it’s up and running. Some of the beers were pretty decent to good.

Hoparazzi is on La Palma, literally one block from Bottle Logic, where Red Gum tees into La Palma. The fruited sours are surprisingly decent, but the IPA was pretty meh. Cool to see an old friend brewing there.

Legends opened in the past couple months and stayed under the radar. Really nice people, decent spot, beers are just meh.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 13:55 Sun 2/28/2016

Has anyone mentioned Pure Project? They seem to be open and are wedged in between the new Ballast Point (Miramar) and Duck Foot.