Anyone up for a tasting on 5th or 6th December?

Reads 4574 • Replies 72 • Started Monday, November 23, 2015 7:42:04 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 41029 º places 1239 º 12:15 Wed 11/25/2015

Thomas ... I’m well aware of the travails of weekend rail travel.

Yours isn’t the only route affected .. honest !

My solid Q to the Essex massive was have they actually checked the train service for the date in question???

madmitch76
beers 37229 º places 240 º 16:36 Wed 11/25/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Thomas ... I’m well aware of the travails of weekend rail travel.

Yours isn’t the only route affected .. honest !

My solid Q to the Essex massive was have they actually checked the train service for the date in question???

I just did and inevitably there is disruption - however it’s early in the morning. Now if they can just stick to their schedules we won’t suffer the coach replacement misery. Call me a cynic though - when did they ever manage to stick to their schedules?

They are doing overhead line work. Again. Same overhead lines that have caused 40 minute delays on Monday and Tuesday.

madmitch76
beers 37229 º places 240 º 16:37 Wed 11/25/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
Ken .... did you actually check the train service on the date In question before bemoaning the inadequate journey on offer ?

This is what I call a solid Q !

To this end, Kenny, it would be very helpful if you could provide a definitive answer if you will come or not. No rush, necessarily. But if you can let me know ahead of time, I can make the effort to pull some beers that you’ve had before, so that you don’t miss out too much.

It’s a definite intention to attend mate. But if they screw up and the lines remain closed, I will probably abort at the last minute.

Leighton
beers 33872 º places 1204 º 03:18 Thu 11/26/2015

Originally posted by madmitch76
Originally posted by Leighton
Ken .... did you actually check the train service on the date In question before bemoaning the inadequate journey on offer ?

This is what I call a solid Q !

To this end, Kenny, it would be very helpful if you could provide a definitive answer if you will come or not. No rush, necessarily. But if you can let me know ahead of time, I can make the effort to pull some beers that you’ve had before, so that you don’t miss out too much.

It’s a definite intention to attend mate. But if they screw up and the lines remain closed, I will probably abort at the last minute.

Good to hear. In that case, I will put together a small ’back-up selection’ that you have had in case you aren’t able to come.

Leighton
beers 33872 º places 1204 º 03:21 Thu 11/26/2015

Originally posted by tdtm82
Anglia Rail is awful. Me and Ken have spent many HOURS trying to get home. From Stratford it’s 25 minutes on a good day. From Chris’s to Stratford it’s another 30 minutes or so. I live three miles away from the train station so even leaving at 11 means I get home at after midnight. Plus it’s a very expensive train journey if I’m making regular trips.

If I rely on public transportation, sometimes it takes me a long time to get home as well - but a lot of time is spent waiting for the buses. Reason is, I need to take two buses to get home, or just walk a bit more.

By the way, Tommy, will you be coming along for the tasting?

Leighton
beers 33872 º places 1204 º 03:34 Thu 11/26/2015

For planning purposes, I have created a spreadsheet, into which people may write down the beers they intend to bring.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Y3AVtsHzb6VhvjihFbUw6tx6su3DAksdLQAjvK_oUw/edit?usp=sharing

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 41029 º places 1239 º 03:48 Thu 11/26/2015

Some treats from Dorsetshire added ... other stuff to follow.

tdtm82
beers 1704 º places 138 º 08:33 Thu 11/26/2015

Don’t know my plans yet. I’m waiting on this NHS thing and until then I’ll know what I can budget for.

WingmanWillis
admin
beers 1571 º places 1912 º 10:24 Thu 11/26/2015

I might be able to attend and break my Chris/Ruth legendary tasting duck. What time would you envisage the first cap being popped?
Got a couple of beers from the USA burning a hole in my cellar.......

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 12:53 Thu 11/26/2015

Originally posted by WingmanWillis
What time would you envisage the first cap being popped?

Whatever time the first person gets here. Any time after midday I guess.