Balancing acid in sour beers

Reads 3873 • Replies 33 • Started Friday, March 18, 2016 5:03:46 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

HornyDevil
14:05 Tue 9/13/2016

Originally posted by CLevar
Originally posted by HornyDevil
I have a sad that this thread, one of the only worthwhile ones in this forum for a while, gets polluted with this kind of shite this quickly.

You know, you could always contribute new content as well. Start some threads, share data, etc.

Doing some stuff on the following:

1) The effects of combining brettanomyces species in 100% brettanomyces fermentations versus single strain/species fermentations
2) The differences between using fresh and aged hops as post boil additions in mixed microbe fermentations

and IMO probably the most interesting

3) Increasing volatile thiol expression through the use of hops and boutique yeast strains in mixed microbe fermentations

Any interest in any of that?

CLevar
places 23 º 14:55 Tue 9/13/2016

Obviously! Though a link to Milk the Funk doesn’t count :)

I recently bought some T. delbreukii (dried, sold as "Biodiva" on some vintners supply websites) to see how that might drive some thiol expression as well. Do you mind sharing what yeast you are playing with?

HornyDevil
15:03 Tue 9/13/2016

Obviously! Though a link to Milk the Funk doesn’t count :)

Right on. I might copy and paste stuff though, if you don’t mind.

I recently bought some T. delbreukii (dried, sold as "Biodiva" on some vintners supply websites) to see how that might drive some thiol expression as well. Do you mind sharing what yeast you are playing with?

Pichia sp. and a couple sacch. strains like VL3 and QA23

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer