BC beer finder

Reads 8968 • Replies 117 • Started Tuesday, May 5, 2015 4:34:05 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

blomster
beers 294 º places 7 º 01:08 Sun 8/16/2015

Originally posted by fiulijn
Only three ratings for the Persephone "B" Pilsner, it’s a pity!
Anybody else had it and didn’t rate it?

I recommend this beer, distributed just this week in liquor stores, absolutely fantastic!
Driftwood Raised by Wolves IPA

I had the B Pilsner at the brewery in July, didn’t take any notes, but ordered a second glass because I liked it a lot...

Oakes
admin
beers 30853 º places 1135 º 01:25 Sun 8/16/2015

I want to get Raised by Wolves, will have to hit a store soon.

fiulijn
beers 28392 º places 745 º 17:35 Sun 8/16/2015

no, I was not aware of the release of Edna :o

Oakes
admin
beers 30853 º places 1135 º 10:32 Tue 8/18/2015

Steel Toad has the DDC Chemin de Croix right now. I liked it, full of molassesy goodness.

Oakes
admin
beers 30853 º places 1135 º 10:34 Tue 8/18/2015

Apparently BC is all grown up with nerds now, if the Edna release was anything to go by. My brother was there and had to wait for 90 minutes, and was one of the last people to actually get bottles. Crazy times, I tell you.

fiulijn
beers 28392 º places 745 º 22:22 Wed 8/26/2015

Forgot to mention this before, tonight at Tangent Cafe, Gladstone tap takeover, 6 beers; although if you go tomorrow you will have better chances to get a flight, because, let’s call them dumb, they didn’t think that people would come for the beers they are pouring, and they were not prepared [palmface]

fiulijn
beers 28392 º places 745 º 22:26 Wed 8/26/2015

Big River in Richmond.
Rumors that they had to close, a month ago, for not paying the rent.
The brewer, Bill ("brewing my ass off for you") apparently left and is planning to open his own brewery.

Apparently, they got a new brewer, resumed brewing, currently open on evening, will reopen for lunch in a few weeks, after renovations.

Oakes
admin
beers 30853 º places 1135 º 23:24 Wed 8/26/2015

Forgot to mention this before, tonight at Tangent Cafe, Gladstone tap takeover, 6 beers; although if you go tomorrow you will have better chances to get a flight, because, let’s call them dumb, they didn’t think that people would come for the beers they are pouring, and they were not prepared [palmface]

That would be a couple new ones for me.

Too bad I’m not around tomorrow, but rather must go to Gibsons.

Oh wait, sitting in a hop field drinking obscenely good pilsner isn’t so bad a fate now that I think about it.

Oakes
admin
beers 30853 º places 1135 º 23:26 Wed 8/26/2015

Big River in Richmond.
Rumors that they had to close, a month ago, for not paying the rent.
The brewer, Bill ("brewing my ass off for you") apparently left and is planning to open his own brewery.

Apparently, they got a new brewer, resumed brewing, currently open on evening, will reopen for lunch in a few weeks, after renovations.

I liked where the beer was going lately. So if that brewer starts somewhere else, that would be worth a visit.

I hope Big River has hired someone who knows what they are doing. If they closed up once, there’s really no margin for error.

fiulijn
beers 28392 º places 745 º 23:40 Wed 8/26/2015

Originally posted by Oakes

That would be a couple new ones for me.

Too bad I’m not around tomorrow, but rather must go to Gibsons.

Oh wait, sitting in a hop field drinking obscenely good pilsner isn’t so bad a fate now that I think about it.

I would give any new Gladstone for an even already rated good Pilsner...