Beer Industry Question???

Reads 4198 • Replies 24 • Started Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:09:54 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

erway
beers 1004 º places 41 º 07:20 Thu 4/4/2013

There are some industries out there where a smart person can enter with the reality based hope of getting rich. The brewing industry is not one of them. If you love beer and want to surround yourself with others that feel the same, the brewing industry can be a great place. Smart, motivated people can make an honest living doing what they love and, if they play their cards right, and the stars align, a small fortune can be made. If not, you’ve spent your career doing what you love and got paid to do it.

The wrong people getting into the craft brewing industry for the wrong reasons is the number one thing that worries me about the future of this industry.

Oakes
admin
beers 30664 º places 1135 º 16:10 Thu 4/4/2013

I don’t know if I’ve ever really seen a person in the beer industry who wasn’t happy. Poor? A bit stressed sometimes? But nobody I’ve ever seen in this business complains about having to get up and go to work on Monday morning.

Erway’s right - there isn’t much money but if you love beer you’ll love the brewing business. There’s just a lot of smiling people in the craft beer biz.

BrewtopiaofPJ
beers 67 º places 4 º 11:20 Sun 5/12/2013

In 8 years I have dealt with over 15 different "Reps" from the same brewery, it’s entry level for the young hungry beer people and they move on quickly, just not sure to where, I’ve never seen them again.