Brewing for beginners

Reads 6374 • Replies 61 • Started Saturday, September 8, 2012 9:07:10 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

giorgos
places 4 º 18:03 Fri 9/21/2012

indeed. thats what i do. thanks!

giorgos
places 4 º 05:06 Tue 10/2/2012

i finally got my equipment (vessel barell spoon syphon hidrometer etc). it was a good priced one from wilkinsons so yeah. my fermentation vessel does not have a hole for the airbubbler is that a problem? i saw some vessels without the bubbler ..

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 06:01 Tue 10/2/2012

It will be a problem if you try to ferment in a sealed container. Drill a hole and get a rubber stopper thing (forgot what they’re called) to put your airlock in

giorgos
places 4 º 08:26 Mon 10/8/2012

what if my kit does not fulfill the vessel? is it a problem to put 10 liters on a 20 liters fermantation vessel?

HornyDevil
08:38 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by giorgos
what if my kit does not fulfill the vessel? is it a problem to put 10 liters on a 20 liters fermantation vessel?

No problem at all as long as you plan to package it soon after fermentation finishes.

giorgos
places 4 º 08:43 Mon 10/8/2012

ok thanks. and what kind of add-ons can i use in a pre-hopped extract? (amber belgian - brewferm)

anon84892
beers 3284 º places 21 º 08:58 Mon 10/8/2012

Originally posted by HornyDevil

No problem at all as long as you plan to package it soon after fermentation finishes.

What is the problem of leaving a small volume in a large container? Would there be a problem say if you were to put 10litres in a 20litre secondary vessel?

giorgos
places 4 º 05:30 Sun 10/14/2012

the fermentation started the second day and lasted for one more.. today i woke up and there was no action in the vessel. is that a problem?

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 00:41 Thu 10/18/2012

the fermentation started the second day and lasted for one more.. today i woke up and there was no action in the vessel. is that a problem?

Did you take hydrometer readings?

giorgos
places 4 º 15:41 Thu 10/18/2012

yes.. potential alcohol = 0 ,approx. sugar per liter = 60, specific grav = 20 ....

i dont know it seems strange.. i had 2 days o fermentation on the second and fourth day.. there are bubbles on the cap of my vessel and it is a bit boosted.. when i press it the airlock makes bubbles.. is it wrong to do it? is it bad to have bubbles on the top of it?

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer