Brewing with marijuana

Reads 38769 • Replies 72 • Started Saturday, February 19, 2011 2:44:40 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

wavers1
beers 916 º places 42 º 13:56 Tue 2/22/2011

Originally posted by absolutesites
BTW, if you’ve got a pound of extra kind laying around, please resist the urge to somehow include it in your beer and either smoke it or send it to me. Thanks.

yeah, i totally would, but its not legal in any way in your state, sorry about that. its either going in the trash or into a beer. deal with it.

absolutesites
beers 2 º 14:19 Tue 2/22/2011

Originally posted by wavers1
BTW, if you’ve got a pound of extra kind laying around, please resist the urge to somehow include it in your beer and either smoke it or send it to me. Thanks.

yeah, i totally would, but its not legal in any way in your state, sorry about that. its either going in the trash or into a beer. deal with it.

I will also accept it in brownie form.

Beerona97
beers 2399 º places 114 º 14:49 Tue 2/22/2011

Originally posted by curly
I know that you have a lot of brewing experience and enjoy being heard, but sometimes you may just want to stop trying to butt heads with everyone and stop telling people how dumb an idea is or how much of a waste of time it is. Let people figure shit out on their own, the hard way. You have a lot of good info most of the time, but it’s annoying how you come off as a know-it-all or god’s gift to brewing sometimes. Maybe your not out to make friends or gain respect from people on here, but you seem to have a very abrasive way of telling people things. Keep helping people and putting in your 2 cents, but for the love of god, try to be a little more positive sometimes, or at least keep your negativity to yourself.

While I understand what you are saying, let me say this, "There are two sides to every coin."

I don’t feel that it’s honest to just be helpful and say things like, "Good idea" to every bit of blather that people post.

While I could probably be more diplomatic about it, I chose not to be. Economy of effort, I guess.

Another irritating element to things like this is that if someone would simply use the search function, they could easily find references to threads that would answer their questions. This would be especially useful regarding hot-button issues like this one. Hell, even a quick Google search reveals quite a bit of useful information on most topics related to brewing.

I obviously like giving my input to this forum, as you’ve stated, but I don’t think that it’s too much to ask people to do their own research first and then come to the forum with educated questions about creative, non-sophomoric concepts.

Hey man, I hope I didn’t come off as too much of a dick. I just like seeing these kinds of off the wall brewing topics legitimately discussed.

But I also do see where you are coming from. It seems like a good 90% percent of the brewing topics here could be Googled to find a solid answer, but where is the fun in that? Sometimes you can get great information here that you don’t find in other places.

Anyway, cheers.

P.S. One day the feds will realize how much money is in legalization and how having pot banned is incredibly hypocritical to our "free" country. But that is an OT-M topic that has also been discussed to page 10 several times already.

dankman
beers 257 º places 20 º 18:30 Tue 2/22/2011

I don’t feel that it’s honest to just be helpful and say things like, "Good idea" to every bit of blather that people post.

I don’t think there were too many people saying "good idea" in this thread but there were plenty of people recommending different ways that an interested party could try it.

mkade8883
beers 250 º places 28 º 20:20 Tue 2/22/2011

A recurring theme here seems to be that some people think before you make a post, you should search existing posts to make sure you’re not being redundant. This makes sense because for some topics, we see the same posts again and again. However, I think using the google site search just isn’t that effective (or obvious for everyone) to search the forums. I really think a good forum search tool for ratebeer would be invaluable .

absolutesites
beers 2 º 06:14 Wed 2/23/2011

Hey man, I hope I didn’t come off as too much of a dick.

Nope. I’m OK with spirited discourse.

One day the feds will realize how much money is in legalization and how having pot banned is incredibly hypocritical to our "free" country. But that is an OT-M topic that has also been discussed to page 10 several times already.

Don’t have access to that part of RB, but let me say this, drugs are illegal for one reason. The government makes more money with them being illegal than they would by legalizing them. There is no moral high ground here. It is a dollars and cents argument.

Davinci
beers 295 º places 10 º 07:29 Wed 2/23/2011

Yeah the billions and billions of dollars spent on an ineffective war on drugs and keeping low-level "criminals" imprisoned is making them a fortune right now.

absolutesites
beers 2 º 08:04 Wed 2/23/2011

Originally posted by Davinci
Yeah the billions and billions of dollars spent on an ineffective war on drugs and keeping low-level "criminals" imprisoned is making them a fortune right now.

You’re not thinking correctly.

Wars that don’t make someone money cease very quickly. (Why do you think the US is still fighting The War on Terror?)

Ask yourself, "How does one make money from the War on Drugs?"

The answer is obvious, you simply take the illegal drugs and illegally gotten money from the "offenders" and make use of it yourself.

The low-level criminals, both dealers and users, are of very little concern, but must be dealt with to keep up appearances. Don’t you find it strange that low level dealers get decades in jail and athletes that are doing small amounts of performance enhancing drugs have to speak infront of a Congressional Committee, while people that rape and pillage the environment and economy get elected to public office?

Conspiracy Theory?

Maybe . . . but it’s the only way that it makes sense to me.

Jmichael
beers 640 º places 34 º 08:41 Wed 2/23/2011

How did the monkey make it into homebrew?

ganache
beers 6773 º places 282 º 09:51 Wed 2/23/2011

Originally posted by Jmichael
How did the monkey make it into homebrew?

A very fine grind and a long steep at high temperatures.

Homebrew Shops - A collection of homebrew shops and supply houses submitted by RateBeer readers

Homebrewing Articles - RateBeer Magazine's homebrewing department

Homebrew Recipes - Experiment, share and post your own homebrew recipes

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer