El Bulli Closing?

Reads 3582 • Replies 37 • Started Friday, July 29, 2011 8:42:02 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 15:48 Wed 10/12/2011

Originally posted by cquiroga
I wish I lived in Chicago so I could spend all of my money at Alinea and Next instead of at LudoBites.

The "new" El Bulli is going to be different from the restaurant they’ve been operating over the years, isn’t it? I mean, same place, but different business model and whatnot. At least, that’s what I’ve heard. Obviously, a lot could happen between now and then. . .

Yeah, from what I know, it’s a whole new idea. Basically, diners at their mercy, serving when and what they feel like. Curious to say the least. Btw, the next Next menu is Childhood, which should be awesome.

AcctError62185
places 1 º 16:12 Wed 10/12/2011

Basically, diners at their mercy, serving when and what they feel like

That sounds a bit like eating at my Irish grandmothers, or perhaps aunt velma, two of the best cooks I have ever known

OaklandBrewer
beers 6 º 16:50 Wed 10/12/2011

Fun side note....My wife is a cook at a fancy restaurant here in the bay area. Ferran Adrià recently had dinner there. She asked the server if he was nice, and the server said(in french accent) " very nice but he ONLY drinks beer"..... Made my day.

jlanning215
beers 364 º places 31 º 23:02 Wed 10/12/2011

Yes. Trend setter. Standard maker. When all the best in the world become the best because they worked at a once certain place, that makes that one certain place the best.

Ferran’s handprint will forever be on modern cuisine.

NobleSquirrel
beers 3437 º places 209 º 07:31 Thu 10/13/2011

Originally posted by OaklandBrewer
Fun side note....My wife is a cook at a fancy restaurant here in the bay area. Ferran Adrià recently had dinner there. She asked the server if he was nice, and the server said(in french accent) " very nice but he ONLY drinks beer"..... Made my day.

I can believe, have you ever seen him? huge beer gut!

Mikkeller
places 1 º 08:03 Thu 10/13/2011

http://news.yale.edu/2011/10/11/world-s-best-restaurant-chef-ren-redzepi-speak-yale?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitter-yale

On Rene Redzepi, NOMA:

"The chef cooks with beer and ale rather than wine.."

I like this too ;)

Nightfall
beers 1313 º places 45 º 08:26 Thu 10/13/2011

Originally posted by Mikkeller
http://news.yale.edu/2011/10/11/world-s-best-restaurant-chef-ren-redzepi-speak-yale?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=twitter-yale

On Rene Redzepi, NOMA:

"The chef cooks with beer and ale rather than wine.."

I like this too ;)

I like it as well but it is something to be expected as Noma focuses on local ingredients. And let’s face it :

Danish beer >>>>> >>>>> ;>>>>&g t;>>>> >>>> Danish wine