Great Taste of the Midwest 2013 Thread

Reads 18258 • Replies 296 • Started Sunday, May 5, 2013 10:49:10 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

elkhunter36
places 10 º 08:16 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by drewbeerme
Is there another TG event at Dexter’s this year?

At the KBBS release both Clark and Mike told me they were going to be at Dexter’s. Plus its on the calendar on their website.

levifunk
beers 12 º 08:55 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by TheAlum
Oso’s @ Blue Moon on Friday (Credit to BA)

Confirmed this with Marc. Official announcement coming soon, but they will have "plenty of sour and wood aged beers".

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:57 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by levifunk
Oso’s @ Blue Moon on Friday (Credit to BA)

Confirmed this with Marc. Official announcement coming soon, but they will have "plenty of sour and wood aged beers".

Some of your stuff, Levi??

levifunk
beers 12 º 08:58 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by t0rin0
Do these events get thrown together last minute or what? I found a list of events from 2011 and started visiting websites for every place offered. Not one of them (so far) mentions anything in their events pages.

Host locations don’t rarely promote or advertise the parties on their websites. Sometime on FB. Its mostly the Breweries who promote it.

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 08:59 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by levifunk
Originally posted by t0rin0
Do these events get thrown together last minute or what? I found a list of events from 2011 and started visiting websites for every place offered. Not one of them (so far) mentions anything in their events pages.

Host locations don’t rarely promote or advertise the parties on their websites. Sometime on FB. Its mostly the Breweries who promote it.

And often times you don’t get the information until the two blogs and the MHTG details them a week or so before.

Taplists for anything are a rarity and usually a last minute thing.

levifunk
beers 12 º 09:00 Thu 7/11/2013

Some of your stuff, Levi??

I doubt it. If anything showed up, it would be a very small amount of young lambic.

jlruthven
beers 612 º places 13 º 09:24 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by elkhunter36

At the KBBS release both Clark and Mike told me they were going to be at Dexter’s. Plus its on the calendar on their website.

Spoke with Chad on Tuesday. They’re looking at 10-12 taps, including another 1/6 of Mornin’ Delight.

drewbeerme
beers 3921 º places 1 º 10:00 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by jlruthven

Spoke with Chad on Tuesday. They’re looking at 10-12 taps, including another 1/6 of Mornin’ Delight.

Does some of the stuff last until Saturday night or Sunday? Not sure I’ll be around on Friday.

Bacterial
beers 3140 º places 134 º 10:26 Thu 7/11/2013

Originally posted by jlruthven

Dexter’s will be a madhouse for sure!

TheAlum
beers 7164 º places 10 º 10:29 Thu 7/11/2013

Yeah, we went for lunch last year.

There were no special things last year.. aside from some bottles of Assassin they poured out later on.

The thing is, if they wait to tap Mornin’ Delight (and from what I understand.. they have very little left.. I’d be more expecting to see it at the Fest and not Dexters).. it’ll be late.. but you’ll also be away from the downtown area.

I’m thinking lunch again, myself. Was real chill.