Is Joet Going To Destroy Ratebeer?

Reads 31057 • Replies 216 • Started Monday, October 23, 2017 4:07:30 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

FatPhil
beers 26157 º places 995 º 18:24 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by joet
I don't censor any of this wallowing.

You censored me. The beermail I was sent telling me that my forum post had been deleted even contained a direct order to not mention that I had been censored - which is further censorship:

Sep 1 from Unknown to you
A post you made to the forum in the thread Site issues and decorum has been deleted by an administrator. This was very probably due to a violation of the forum guidelines. If you haven’t already, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with these rules. Penalties for failing to get along here range from short ’penalty box’ stays, to longer suspensions, site lockouts or more severe. We try very hard to maintain an open and free environment and so we must ensure that all members abide by the rules and help keep the peace.

Any posts regarding this action will be deleted and increase the likelihood of disciplinary action. Don’t do it! Replies aren’t accepted at this account and won’t be read, but if you have a strong opinion regarding this action, please use our Feedback system.

joet
admin
beers 2900 º places 125 º 18:36 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by FatPhil

You censored me. The beermail I was sent telling me that my forum post had been deleted even contained a direct order to not mention that I had been censored - which is further censorship:

A post you made to the forum in the thread Site issues and decorum has been deleted by an administrator. This was very probably due to a violation of the forum guidelines. If you haven’t already, it’s a good idea to familiarize yourself with these rules. Penalties for failing to get along here range from short ’penalty box’ stays, to longer suspensions, site lockouts or more severe. We try very hard to maintain an open and free environment and so we must ensure that all members abide by the rules and help keep the peace.

Any posts regarding this action will be deleted and increase the likelihood of disciplinary action. Don’t do it! Replies aren’t accepted at this account and won’t be read, but if you have a strong opinion regarding this action, please use our Feedback system.

Holy mackerel. Yes, the User Agreement still applies. I haven't censored wallowing but any violations of the User Agreement still apply. Anyone monitoring the forums will delete items that violate policy.

wheresthepath
beers 3449 º places 283 º 19:10 Mon 10/30/2017

Joe, I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you're clearly putting in on this - it is appreciated, and there are starting to be some positive improvements to the site. In particular your regular progress updates are very helpful.

Change is always difficult to accept, and there are always more grumbles than compliments - you must be pretty thick skinned to keep going given the nature of some of the forum posts this year. Whilst I prefer "proper" rates and stats, if we have to add badges and ticks to grow RB then so be it - that's better than losing RB altogether. Maybe something can be done to encourage new members to move from ticking to rating as and when they're ready though.

However, I have to say please don't start shouting at long-term and committed site members, however frustrated you're feeling. We have been patient, and we appreciate that a lot of work has had to be done to stabilise the site and move it forwards. However, it is starting to feel like our patience isn't being repaid. Throw us a bone here - if you could just give a little bit of development time to some of the things long-term users have asked for, I'm sure they'd be more amenable to the many changes aimed at new users.

Given the number of stats threads we have on the forums, any new stats would no doubt go down well. I don't know much about web coding I'm afraid, but surely something like extra colours on the maps for 200, 500, 1000 rates is doable? And of course more country region splits (especially Belgium) have long been asked for...

What's the chance of us getting something like that to keep us sweet? Otherwise I'm happy to go with the free beer and cash suggestion.

Anyway, keep plugging away Joe, and chill and have a beer to keep you going (and rate it!).

Cheers!

ebone1988
beers 2504 º places 24 º 19:17 Mon 10/30/2017

Holy mackerel. Yes, the User Agreement still applies. I haven't censored wallowing but any violations of the User Agreement still apply. Anyone monitoring the forums will delete items that violate policy.

I remember when I got FPRed on Phil's numbers thread. Good times. Didn't complain about it, though.

Benzai
beers 20020 º places 321 º 19:21 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by wheresthepath
Joe, I just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work you're clearly putting in on this - it is appreciated, and there are starting to be some positive improvements to the site. In particular your regular progress updates are very helpful.

Change is always difficult to accept, and there are always more grumbles than compliments - you must be pretty thick skinned to keep going given the nature of some of the forum posts this year. Whilst I prefer "proper" rates and stats, if we have to add badges and ticks to grow RB then so be it - that's better than losing RB altogether. Maybe something can be done to encourage new members to move from ticking to rating as and when they're ready though.

Anyway, keep plugging away Joe, and chill and have a beer to keep you going (and rate it!).

Cheers!

Yes, this. Keep it up Joe.

wheresthepath
beers 3449 º places 283 º 19:25 Mon 10/30/2017

Can I get a badge for getting censored? If so, ARSE! FECK! DRINK! ;-)

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 20:19 Mon 10/30/2017

You realize any of us can do this when you violate the TOS right? The second part is saying you're wrong, deal with it and move on so that volunteers time can be spent on database work instead of cat hearding.

You're yelling at clouds and kids on your lawn. Stop being so toxic.

gregwilsonstl
beers 2979 º places 37 º 20:40 Mon 10/30/2017

Originally posted by DietPepsican

You realize any of us can do this when you violate the TOS right? The second part is saying you're wrong, deal with it and move on so that volunteers time can be spent on database work instead of cat hearding.

You're yelling at clouds and kids on your lawn. Stop being so toxic.

I wish those clouds would give off my lawn!!!!

nuplastikk
beers 9865 º places 73 º 21:01 Mon 10/30/2017

Can the dream team make us able to click on the number again when we rate, instead of having to use the drag down bar?

Our forums do suck compared to BA, I always thought having some defined thread groups like NE IPA, nail polish sours, Gary Rich, ect would be a step on the right direction.

nuplastikk
beers 9865 º places 73 º 21:38 Mon 10/30/2017

fwiw ticking doesn't threaten my enjoyment of the site at all. I really couldn't care less about what a beer's overall score is. I do like to peruse rates though while I rate, get a general idea of the consensus ( which is why the scores are nice to see without hovering over).

stats, stats, and more stats are what would really be great additions.

we also need to work on bringing Ur Boi Bangs, or at least Stitches, to a gathering.