My Fuller’s beer search 19 December

Reads 6683 • Replies 96 • Started Friday, December 18, 2015 9:00:36 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Fin
beers 17327 º places 1654 º 13:08 Sat 12/19/2015

Sorry I am late to the celebration party, we have been laying slabs. But hey what a fantastic achievement, well done Ian. With with respect to our Scandinavian friends it really didn’t seem right that a Brit wasn’t top of a such a well regarded big regional UK brewer. I feel like a kitchen shimmy coming on to celebrate this, whilst listening to Craig Charles and cooking.

harrisoni
beers 25416 º places 68 º 13:17 Sat 12/19/2015

Originally posted by Fin
Sorry I am late to the celebration party, we have been laying slabs. But hey what a fantastic achievement, well done Ian. With with respect to our Scandinavian friends it really didn’t seem right that a Brit wasn’t top of a such a well regarded big regional UK brewer. I feel like a kitchen shimmy coming on to celebrate this, whilst listening to Craig Charles and cooking.

Thanks Fin . It didn’t seem right to me either. It does mean I need to keep it up though.

harrisoni
beers 25416 º places 68 º 13:19 Sat 12/19/2015

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
Well done Ian ... glad you pulled this off !!!

Thanks Colin. It was fun in the end. Even if it meant battling through the Christmas shoppers.

harrisoni
beers 25416 º places 68 º 13:30 Sat 12/19/2015

Originally posted by Leighton
As we are nearing the end of 2015, I think it is an appropriate time to reflect. So, looking back on the year, how does Ian’s accomplishment stack up against those of other Brits this year? To that end, what were some of the accomplishments of Brits this year?

I look at yourself, Colin and Ken and just stand back in awe. There is simply no way I could rate the number of beers you guys do. I will rate more beers this year than any other year and still not appear in the top 50 raters of the year, something I used to do regularly. Success comes from hard work and dedication. There is no magic talent. Only working hard at what you are good at and always striving and learning how to be better. Learn from the best and develop.

But the true heroes are the UK Admins. For every beer added someone has to track it down and verify it. Working out which are re badges which are aliases which are contract brewed. For me they are the true heroes of this site ( for those who don’t know I am no longer an Admin, probably one of the hardest choices I have made but the right one) . Without the Admins this would be a lawless Untappd town.

harrisoni
beers 25416 º places 68 º 13:44 Sat 12/19/2015

Oh and Craig obviously for the tastings he holds and being the most flamboyantly dressed RB person of the year. The Windmill bowler at Borefts being a highlight

Leighton
beers 33816 º places 1204 º 13:54 Sat 12/19/2015

Originally posted by harrisoni
Originally posted by Leighton
As we are nearing the end of 2015, I think it is an appropriate time to reflect. So, looking back on the year, how does Ian’s accomplishment stack up against those of other Brits this year? To that end, what were some of the accomplishments of Brits this year?

I look at yourself, Colin and Ken and just stand back in awe. There is simply no way I could rate the number of beers you guys do. I will rate more beers this year than any other year and still not appear in the top 50 raters of the year, something I used to do regularly. Success comes from hard work and dedication. There is no magic talent. Only working hard at what you are good at and always striving and learning how to be better. Learn from the best and develop.

But the true heroes are the UK Admins. For every beer added someone has to track it down and verify it. Working out which are re badges which are aliases which are contract brewed. For me they are the true heroes of this site ( for those who don’t know I am no longer an Admin, probably one of the hardest choices I have made but the right one) . Without the Admins this would be a lawless Untappd town.

I meant beyond the world of beer! Athletics, science, diplomacy - which Brits have made their mark this year?

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 03:51 Sun 12/20/2015

I would say Anders was the Klitchko to Ian’s Fury in this situation. But without the homophobic stuff.

If Ian gets 100% Fullers I believe this to be one of the best achievements of any Briton in modern history.

chriso
beers 7540 º places 736 º 05:34 Sun 12/20/2015

Originally posted by Erlangernick
What - you don’t have the bottled IPA? We get it in bleedin’ Erlangen!

It’s export only AFAIK. Or, at least, it was for a very long time.

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 05:37 Sun 12/20/2015

Originally posted by chriso

I’ve grown to like it quite a bit, despite the 2% crystal malt (IIRC). Hovers around 3.50€, not a horrible price for imported "Craftbier" here.

How ironic would it be for me to ship Ian a bottle of Fuller’s from Germany?

harrisoni
beers 25416 º places 68 º 07:13 Sun 12/20/2015

Originally posted by chriso

I’ve grown to like it quite a bit, despite the 2% crystal malt (IIRC). Hovers around 3.50€, not a horrible price for imported "Craftbier" here.

How ironic would it be for me to ship Ian a bottle of Fuller’s from Germany?

Or I get a bottle the next time I visit Erlangen.