Official 2013 Summer Secret Santa Post Your Haul

Reads 16191 • Replies 144 • Started Monday, June 17, 2013 10:49:44 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Papsoe
beers 25039 º places 4 º 06:23 Sun 7/14/2013

Received a wonderful box from my Minnesota Santa - international $55 level:

Alaskan Pilot Series: Raspberry Wheat (WL)
Flat Earth Ovni Ale (WL)
Great Dane Un-Leashed #02 - Jolly Old Scratch
Great Dane Un-Leashed #03 - Über Bock
Grumpy Troll Maggie Imperial IPA (WL)
Grumpy Troll Spetsnaz Export Stout (WL)
Surly SeVIIn
Toppling Goliath Assassin
Toppling Goliath Dorothy’s New World Lager
New Glarus Anniversary Strong Ale
Leinenkugels Big Eddy Wee Heavy Scotch Ale (WL)
Sprecher Bootlegger’s Bourbon Barrel Hard Root Beer Is Unlisted (WTF!?)

An incredibly generous colection of quality stuff that I’m looking forward to dig into.

Thanks an awful lot Santa!

Sledutah
beers 11292 º places 953 º 10:45 Sun 7/14/2013

Originally posted by RamyG4
Originally posted by Sledutah
Just received a great box from NJ filled with 8 beers, 5 from my wants list!

(WL) Troegs Flying Mouflan
(WL) Troegs Troegenator
(WL) Ballast Point Double Dorado
(WL) Hoppin’ Frog Hop Heathen
(WL) Brooklyn Brewery Black Chocolate Stout
Shorts Peaches & Cream
Weyerbacher Unfiltered Doublee Simcoe
Southern Tier Plum Noir

Santa was good to me :)
Thanks

Glad you’re happy with the box and I appreciate your patience! Sorry for being so late with it. The Weyerbacher was on your WL too

Edit. No it wasn’t, the regular one was what was on your WL, crap.

No problem, thanks for the great box

arminjewell
beers 9756 º places 10 º 17:23 Tue 7/16/2013

Box arrived today, from Dayton, OH, $55 US.

Yo-Ho Tokyo Black Porter
Yo-Ho Yona Yona Ale
Founders Rubaeus
B Nektar Necromangocon (WL)
Jackie O’s Rum Barrel Dark Apparition with Vanilla (WL)
Hoppin Frog Sweet Evil BBW (WL)
Hoppin Frog Outta Kilter Wee Heavy (WL)
St. Arnold Divine Reserve 13
Rivertown Pestilence
Rivertown War
Rivertown Famine
Heavy Seas Siren Noire

Thanks a ton!!

MrHangover
beers 4691 º places 75 º 04:52 Fri 7/19/2013

Originally posted by nimbleprop
My box arrived last week safely, but I was on travel. Dutch Santa sent me:
750ml Merciful Painful Twist
12oz Emelisse White Label Imperial Russian Stout
12oz De Molen Sodom & Gomorra Barrel Aged
12oz Jopen Meesterstuk 2013
12oz Rooie Dop Bourbon Barrel Aged Double Oatmeal Stout
33cl Westy 8 (WL)
33cl Westy 12 (WL)
Thanks Santa!

Some elves told me that it’s a barrel aged version of the Emelisse RIS, altough they were not sure which one it was... And they also believed it was Merciless Painful Death... ;)
Cheers!!

cgarvieuk
beers 37680 º places 457 º 02:28 Sun 7/21/2013

Originally posted by cgarvieuk
We opened some of our box but have left 4 as a mystery.

but known is
Jack Abbey smoked Maple lager
Blue Mountain Local species
StillWater rate beer 101
DC quarter porter
Knee deep Hop shortage
DC on the Wings of armageddon
Abita Jockamo IPA -- This is one of my 3 last US states. And i am super excited. Thanks a huge amount santa

We also got sasquatch jerky and some wierd skittles.

So my little colective are well pleased and we still have the mystery of the other 4 to discover on the Tasting Night

Well we unwrapped 4 more Friday nigth and got
Terrapin Moo-Hoo Chocolate Milk Stout
Which has been on my Wants list so long i had forgotton abut it. But it was Superb and i was right to have placed it there. So massive thanks to Santa

Also Drunk on Friday was the DC Brau The Corruption which again was pretty good and didnt seemt to be Full of "Crystal Meths" like most US IPAs

blind bat beach blonde
Which only has 3 rating!!!, one is santa and one is a guy i traded with back in 09 :-)

and im totally embarased to say that the 4th one escapes me and in the Chaos of new beer that arrived on Friday i cant place it at the moment

MrHangover
beers 4691 º places 75 º 11:48 Sun 7/21/2013

So I picked up my box yesterday at the post office. Had some troubles with Dutch mailing systems, delivering the box at the wrong time and such... very frustrating. Eventually I got to pick it up at the postoffice and found something hard to describe. The box was huge, but it was banged up, ripped and was showing signs of some very rough handling. I didn’t see any wet spots, so I kept my hopes up and hauled the heavy box into my tiny car. Back home I started carefully to pick the pieces of the outer box apart, and there I found a smaller box with 12 bottle shipper.

Santa, you the man! I need to start looking for more want beers, since Sante killed it. 12 great bottles, almost all of them were on my wantlist! Epic!

Ommegang Three Philosophers

Avery the Reverend

Deschutes Dissident

Stone Old Guardian

Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA

New Glarus 20th Anniversary

Central Waters Brewers Reserve Bourbon Barrel Cherry Stout

Three Floyds Zombie Dust

Surly Bender

Surly Smoke Lager

Surly Sÿx

Surly Seviin

Thanks a lot Santa!! Cheers!!

LinusStick
beers 3742 º places 66 º 19:08 Sun 7/21/2013

Am I an old traditional dinosaur in this? I remember the whole point of this was that it was a SECRET Santa. In many years past, no one ever came out and revealed themselves to their recipients. Now it seems like when someone posts their haul, the sender wants recognition and gives their "you’re welcome" post. Not a big deal but it kind of defeats the "secret" part of it. If you want thanked and want recognition, why not just do a regular trade?

StefanSD
beers 2449 º places 57 º 19:40 Sun 7/21/2013

Originally posted by LinusStick
Am I an old traditional dinosaur in this? I remember the whole point of this was that it was a SECRET Santa. In many years past, no one ever came out and revealed themselves to their recipients. Now it seems like when someone posts their haul, the sender wants recognition and gives their "you’re welcome" post. Not a big deal but it kind of defeats the "secret" part of it. If you want thanked and want recognition, why not just do a regular trade?

Oh, for Pete’s sake, you are getting a mystery box of beer that may or may match your wants list. If you like--shout it out. Its fun, and its always good to know that the beers you sent are appreciated. No need to read to much into it. By the way, for only the second time I have no idea who my Secret Santa was this year.

arminjewell
beers 9756 º places 10 º 07:03 Mon 7/22/2013

Originally posted by LinusStick

Well i know on my end there’s no way to hide it once the box get there since my name is my username...but I always thought Secret Santa was secret until the gift was received, and then you figure out who it was. Could be just me!

Unclerudy
beers 30 º places 3 º 05:04 Wed 7/24/2013

My box from mixmasterrob...

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer