RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2015: Call For Proposals

Reads 4649 • Replies 21 • Started Thursday, April 23, 2015 7:18:03 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Leighton
beers 33746 º places 1204 º 07:18 Thu 4/23/2015

Call for proposals: RBESG 2015
Deadline: 3 May 2015

OK team, it is time to nail down the location for this year’s RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2015. If you would like to put forth a proposal, please drop me a beermail with an outline of the event by the end of the day on 3 May.

The most important items to think about are:

Dates – please be as specific as possible and/or offer the potential date ranges for the event. Summer Gatherings typically run Thursday evening through Saturday, although some have continued into Sunday/Monday. Summer Gatherings typically take place during either June, July or August (although June may be a little too soon for some people to organise).
Planned visits - you do not need to have a finalised itinerary for your proposal but you should at least know you have the involvement of enough breweries/bars/bottle shops/etc. to warrant a full weekend for visitors.
Lodging and transportation options - if it’s difficult to reach a destination and there’s nowhere to stay, it will be hard to attract attendees.
Cost – this can be very difficult to project during the proposal stage, but if you can provide any guidance it will help potential attendees in their consideration to attend.

N.B. Also, the Great British Beer Festival in London runs from 11-15 August and MANY RBians typically attend. So you may not want to run the RBESG during the weekend before, during or after this festival given that some folks would not be able to travel back to back weekends (which could reduce potential attendance). Not mandatory that you adhere to this recommendation, but it is probably worth considering.

For reference, previous RBESGs have been held at:

2014 – London
2013 – Belgium/Netherlands
2012 – Vienna/Bratislava
2011 – London
2010 – Rome
2009 – Sheffield
2008 – Pilsen
2007 – Glasgow/Edinburgh
2006 – Gothenburg
2005 – Copenhagen
2004 – Stockholm

If you would like to submit a proposal, as stated above, please send to me via beermail by 3 May. (Alternatively, drop me a beermail and I can provide an email address if you would like to send an attachment.) If there is more than one submission, I will review the bids with other European admins and then collate the bids and put them up for voting on 5 May, after which we will have a one-week voting period, ending 12 May. Should we need to take the selection process to a vote, further details will be provided.

Any questions, comments or requests for clarification/help with submission/voting or bid examples from the past can be submitted to me via beermail or addressed here in the thread.

Cheers!

HenrikSoegaard
beers 20833 º places 692 º 03:16 Fri 4/24/2015

Great job

FatPhil
beers 26237 º places 995 º 11:14 Fri 4/24/2015

It sounds like the Danes have things well in hand, so it’s not worth preparing an Estonia or Estonia+Finland proposal, at least this year.

For those interested in our local beer scene, we’re always happy to take visitors on a pub crawl, though (we’re even prepared to pop up to Helsinki or down to Riga, as they’re only a few houurs away).

anna p.p. Phil

Lowenbrau
beers 5870 º places 432 º 12:36 Fri 4/24/2015

I would propose Asturias, Spain, but this may lead to divorce

Wherever it takes place i´m sure you will enjoy!

VsXsV
beers 5000 º places 92 º 17:39 Fri 4/24/2015

Mad props to you, Leighton, for taking the initiative to structurize this.

Reminyze
beers 8421 º places 237 º 18:35 Fri 4/24/2015

Hey, time to go to Germany :-)

Erlangernick
beers 6 º places 2 º 05:26 Sat 4/25/2015

Originally posted by McTapps
Hey, time to go to Germany :-)

Annafest?

yespr
beers 55602 º places 43 º 05:01 Sun 4/26/2015

Originally posted by FatPhil
It sounds like the Danes have things well in hand, so it’s not worth preparing an Estonia or Estonia+Finland proposal, at least this year.

For those interested in our local beer scene, we’re always happy to take visitors on a pub crawl, though (we’re even prepared to pop up to Helsinki or down to Riga, as they’re only a few houurs away).

anna p.p. Phil

I would still hope we have other proposals coming up. There is so much land to conqour craft-beer-wise in Europe that I would really hope that new areas, and yes Germany would new, would surface into the RB gatherings.

/Jesper

beuk87
beers 3 º places 5 º 01:56 Mon 4/27/2015

I can’t believe I’m proposing this as a Belgian but here goes :

P...P...Paris!!

rickgordon
beers 3878 º places 41 º 03:42 Mon 4/27/2015

How many attendees are there usually nowadays? 30?

Dedollewaitor
beers 21471 º places 541 º 03:51 Mon 4/27/2015

It of course depends on where its at! If Copenhagen gets the honour + 50