RateBeer European Summer Gathering 2017: Latvia-Estonia-Finland / July 20-23

Reads 26782 • Replies 218 • Started Tuesday, April 4, 2017 3:21:25 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 18:25 Mon 7/3/2017

Originally posted by jinroh
We have also gotten some special prices for hotels:

Riga (Hotell Dodo http://www.dodohotel.com/en/index.html)
twin: 24 EUR/night/person
single: 43 EUR/night/person
including breakfast

Tartu (Hektor Design Hostel http://hektorhostels.com/et/)
six person room: 26/night/person
triple room: 32 EUR/night/person
twin: 35 EUR / night/person
including breakfast

So since you’ve booked for those who sent hotel requests, I guess for me these are the hotels in Riga and Tartu I should note down the address for?

Do we have a booking code, reference, a name or so to give?
Guess each person pay themselves for the hotel on site?

Also do we get to know before hand if we’re rooming up with someone, and if so with whom?

tyronjames
21:48 Mon 7/3/2017

Borresteijn
beers 11305 º places 404 º 03:18 Tue 7/4/2017

Originally posted by gnoff
Originally posted by jinroh
We have also gotten some special prices for hotels:

Riga (Hotell Dodo http://www.dodohotel.com/en/index.html)
twin: 24 EUR/night/person
single: 43 EUR/night/person
including breakfast

Tartu (Hektor Design Hostel http://hektorhostels.com/et/)
six person room: 26/night/person
triple room: 32 EUR/night/person
twin: 35 EUR / night/person
including breakfast

So since you’ve booked for those who sent hotel requests, I guess for me these are the hotels in Riga and Tartu I should note down the address for?

Do we have a booking code, reference, a name or so to give?
Guess each person pay themselves for the hotel on site?

Also do we get to know before hand if we’re rooming up with someone, and if so with whom?

Thanks for bringing this up, was wondering the same. I’d be happy to share a room.

jinroh
beers 4531 º places 5 º 03:12 Wed 7/5/2017

Everybody who needs hotel should have BM in their mailbox now about the hotel situation.

At the moment we still have 1 place vacant for two nights in Riga’s Dodo Hotel (twin room booked for July 19th and 20th, can fit one more person) - so let me know if anybody else wants to stay with rest of the crew!

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 05:54 Mon 7/10/2017

Minor bad news: I hurt my foot and walking is a bit of a challenge. This means I had to lighten my beer load a bit, and had to sacrifice a couple of the state ticks that were in 750ml bottles - Georgia and Tennessee. ND, SD and the Pliny are safe, as is THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD.
Hopefully I won’t slow down the group - I may have to rely more on trams and Uber, we’ll see how it goes!

gnoff
beers 11277 º places 838 º 06:05 Mon 7/10/2017

Originally posted by Travlr
Minor bad news: I hurt my foot and walking is a bit of a challenge. This means I had to lighten my beer load a bit, and had to sacrifice a couple of the state ticks that were in 750ml bottles - Georgia and Tennessee. ND, SD and the Pliny are safe, as is THE BEST BEER IN THE WORLD.
Hopefully I won’t slow down the group - I may have to rely more on trams and Uber, we’ll see how it goes!

Really sucks to hear about your foot, hope you’ll be able to make it still and that it don’t get worse!
I’m happy to use public transport as well and can join you on those, might make me pace myself enough as to not end u like I did in Plzen in 2008 after the Pilsner Urquell tour ;)

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 07:39 Mon 7/10/2017

Originally posted by gnoff

Really sucks to hear about your foot, hope you’ll be able to make it still and that it don’t get worse!
I’m happy to use public transport as well and can join you on those, might make me pace myself enough as to not end u like I did in Plzen in 2008 after the Pilsner Urquell tour ;)

sounds good, thanks!

Marduk
beers 22023 º places 968 º 09:07 Mon 7/10/2017

Rule nr 1:
A herd of tickers can only move as fast as the drunkest ticker.

We’ll catch up your limping speed by drinking even more booze as fast as we can!

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 10:11 Mon 7/10/2017

Originally posted by Marduk

Rule nr 1:
A herd of tickers can only move as fast as the drunkest ticker.

I wrote this one down....

Travlr
beers 33920 º places 4607 º 10:29 Mon 7/10/2017

now that I have packed my bags, I am reading the Lithuanian Customs web page. I am allowed to bring in 110 liters of beer. I love Lithuania already!

http://www.iatatravelcentre.com/LT-Lithuania-customs-currency-airport-tax-regulations-details.html