RBSG 2012 Los Angeles info/updates

Reads 47379 • Replies 470 • Started Wednesday, February 1, 2012 6:18:30 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

vacax
16:10 Wed 6/6/2012

Hey, if the bus is leaving from a hotel by the airport, does this mean if we aren’t staying at the hotel we’re going to have to eat like a $20/day parking fee? Should we plan to carpool before we even get to the bus here?

Woodshop
22:14 Wed 6/6/2012

Interesting question. . . Is it a success or a failure (or both, or neither) that the two major events of the weekend (Grand Tasting, Woodshop) are all but sold out with more than 6 weeks to go before the action?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:08 Thu 6/7/2012

Originally posted by Woodshop
Interesting question. . . Is it a success or a failure (or both, or neither) that the two major events of the weekend (Grand Tasting, Woodshop) are all but sold out with more than 6 weeks to go before the action?

Hey Woodshop, you seem familiar. Were you at Woodshop 3 or 4?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:24 Thu 6/7/2012

Originally posted by vacax
Hey, if the bus is leaving from a hotel by the airport, does this mean if we aren’t staying at the hotel we’re going to have to eat like a $20/day parking fee? Should we plan to carpool before we even get to the bus here?

I honestly hadnt thought of that. Here is what I see on their site

http://www.fourpointslax.com/ParkingandShuttleInformation

Originally posted by VsXsV
Is anyone going from the San Diego area to the hotel by LAX on the Thursday (19th) by car? Me and Jens (CitizenMeow) are going to make that journey in some way and we’d really appreciate if someone could give us a lift. We’ll pay for our share of the gas, of course.

There should be at least a few, though they’ve been a bit slow in paying...

Also, the grand tasting is not actually sold out. As I mentioned before I’ve been flooded with requests for just grand tasting tickets (and nothing else) from accounts that have never posted, rated, or even uploaded an avatar, that were all suspiciously made right around the time that BA went down. Not trying to discriminate but I DO want to make sure that the Ratebeerians that actually want to be involved get a chance. I’m not opposed to letting some BAs in but the grand tasting by itself isnt really RBSG, it’s just one event.

As expected I’m getting more interest in the Saturday bus so once that fills up if there are seats left on the Friday bus I may make grand tasting tickets available for anyone that just wants to be on the Friday bus. I’m also going through these requests one by one and will try to help those Ratebeerians that also dont really plan to do anything except the grand tasting.

To all those that have gotten confirmations from me PLEASE PAY ASAP. I’m going to have to start putting money down soon.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:38 Thu 6/7/2012

Anyone want to take over tshirt duty? The quotes I’ve gotten are in the $12-$15 range. Seems a bit high for a single tshirt, so if anyone has a connection or wants to take over be my guest.

Here’s a rough design, click rotate to see the other side

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 10:45 Fri 6/8/2012

No interest in tshirts? That’s cool. I’ll get around to it when I get some time.

To all those that I sent payment info to I’m giving you until next Friday (1 week from today) and then your seat will no longer be assured.

To everyone else there are still a good number of seats left on the Friday bus and a few on the Saturday bus. Will hold grand tasting tickets for those only on the Friday bus as well.

wutangfinancial
beers 212 º places 33 º 21:27 Tue 6/12/2012

So how many do we have confirmed for the bus so far?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 08:30 Wed 6/13/2012

Originally posted by ChinoSkillzian
So how many do we have confirmed for the bus so far?

It’s really frustrating. If everyone that says they’re going to pay actually pays then the buses are at least 3/4 full. Only counting those that have paid I’ve got 21 on the Friday bus and 30 on the Saturday bus.

Since there are enough people that only want on the Saturday bus I will definitely hold some grand tasting tickets for those on the Friday bus. First come first served here, I’m tired of holding seats. Send me a BM if you want on the bus and into the grand tasting.

**grand tasting tickets only for those on at least one of the buses.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 09:03 Wed 6/13/2012

For t-shirts, if you could be so kind as to fill this out if you are interested: http://tinyurl.com/7m9caf3

GT
beers 10001 º places 672 º 09:08 Wed 6/13/2012

Originally posted by womencantsail
For t-shirts, if you could be so kind as to fill this out if you are interested: http://tinyurl.com/7m9caf3

I filled it out even though I’ve already paid for them, etc. with t0rin0