Sour and Bitter Fest

Reads 6902 • Replies 65 • Started Wednesday, May 9, 2012 5:25:03 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen
 
radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 01:11 Fri 5/11/2012

Bring me back some beer guys. I have no money but can pay you in Hobo Stab Insurance.

 
radarsock
beers 1226 º places 112 º 01:18 Fri 5/11/2012

Originally posted by radarsock
Bring me back some beer guys. I have no money but can pay you in Hobo Stab Insurance.
That’s a great deal!


Anyone?

 
sarro
beers 134 º places 6 º 06:00 Fri 5/11/2012

Originally posted by 3fourths
framboos is young. no way to tell if it will be as good as the previous batches.


Well how fruit forward was it? How did the fruit taste?

 
3fourths
beers 9493 º places 1576 º 08:13 Mon 5/14/2012

pictures posted - https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100810175154387.2694981.9613056&type=1

sarro, I had a half-glass of framboos at the event and was not attempting a full evaluation, but the strength of the fruit seemed quieted or even muddled by the yeast, and I notice a lot of "mineral" comments in recent reviews, which is similar to what I experienced. then again, 99 framboos was incredibly musty and mineral-like, but not having had that batch until 2006, I can’t compare it to 2010 framboos a year in the bottle.

 
Christian
beers 16074 º places 278 º 11:15 Mon 5/14/2012

The Pizza Port Jetty that was served said Ocean Beach on the keg. So far everybody have entered it under the non-Ocean Beach version...

 
Forgetfu
12:20 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by GT2
I’m working the Struise booth with Travlr at CBC. I’ll be wearing a neon blue Pizza Port shirt tomorrow at Sour and bitter. Come say hi.


Wish I’d seen this post earlier! I’m sure you poured me quite a few beers. Oh well, I’ll meet you two in DC soon hopefully.

 
Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 14:17 Mon 5/14/2012

Originally posted by Travlr
Best part of the event was meeting Ratebeerians from all over, and the brewers. Didn’t hurt that the beers were great. Jeppe did a tremendous job organizing it too, and the food was tasty. I think I needed instructions on how to eat it though!


Well thanks, but my partner Henrik was actually the main brain behind this :)

 
Travlr
beers 30300 º places 3522 º 04:12 Tue 5/15/2012

Originally posted by Jeppe
Originally posted by Travlr
Best part of the event was meeting Ratebeerians from all over, and the brewers. Didn’t hurt that the beers were great. Jeppe did a tremendous job organizing it too, and the food was tasty. I think I needed instructions on how to eat it though!


Well thanks, but my partner Henrik was actually the main brain behind this :)
Well, kudos to Henrik then as well, fantastic job!
Gene

 
Travlr
beers 30300 º places 3522 º 04:13 Tue 5/15/2012

Originally posted by Forgetfu
Originally posted by GT2
I’m working the Struise booth with Travlr at CBC. I’ll be wearing a neon blue Pizza Port shirt tomorrow at Sour and bitter. Come say hi.


Wish I’d seen this post earlier! I’m sure you poured me quite a few beers. Oh well, I’ll meet you two in DC soon hopefully.
Come to DC any time, we’ll give you a tour of the cool bars and new breweries....

 
Jeppe
beers 2634 º places 84 º 08:44 Tue 5/15/2012

Originally posted by Travlr
Originally posted by Forgetfu
Originally posted by GT2
I’m working the Struise booth with Travlr at CBC. I’ll be wearing a neon blue Pizza Port shirt tomorrow at Sour and bitter. Come say hi.


Wish I’d seen this post earlier! I’m sure you poured me quite a few beers. Oh well, I’ll meet you two in DC soon hopefully.
Come to DC any time, we’ll give you a tour of the cool bars and new breweries....


i might actually take you up on that ;)