Supermarket Sweep

Reads 11133 • Replies 120 • Started Sunday, January 1, 2017 11:03:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

wigglyworm99
beers 2091 º places 53 º 06:17 Sat 5/20/2017

My local Morrisons has gone insane. Northern Monk, Stone, Thornbridge, Brewdog etc etc etc

Aldi (England) are having a Summer Beer Festival: 16 different bottles from 16 different breweries. 8 are new to me (bought them this morning). N Ireland, Wales and Scotland represented, the other 13 being English.

Some decent twigs for those of us who can’t afford Wine infused Barrel Aged Barley Imperial Baltic Triple Truffle Porters every day.

<*))))))><

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Aldi (England) are having a Summer Beer Festival: 16 different bottles from 16 different breweries. 8 are new to me (bought them this morning). N Ireland, Wales and Scotland represented, the other 13 being English.

Some decent twigs for those of us who can’t afford Wine infused Barrel Aged Barley Imperial Baltic Triple Truffle Porters every day.

<*))))))><

None in Chertsey Aldi. Unless they sold out yesterday on its opening day.

Originally posted by BeardedAvenger

<*))))))><

Sorry to hear that, loads of all 16 here in Shropshire.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/summer-beer-festival
<*))))))><

evergreen0199
beers 5929 º 15:07 Sun 6/4/2017

Originally posted by BeardedAvenger

<*))))))><

Sorry to hear that, loads of all 16 here in Shropshire.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/summer-beer-festival
<*))))))><

Saw them all in my nearest Aldi which is Eastcote in Greater London (west end of Picc line). The Oakham Inferno is a good deal at £1.29 but I wouldn’t bother with the rest though, way too mediocre, life is too short to drink crap beer just because it is cheap!

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 10:17 Mon 6/5/2017

8 rates for me. Can’t turn that down.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:35 Mon 6/5/2017

Well Aldi was a complete surprise. I’ve picked up 17 new to me beers for £20. That’s a turn up for the books. In Bermondsey you can get sometimes only get 4 new beers for the same money. They’ll be something I will like in that bunch I know. In fact the Moorhouse Pride of Pendle is an excellent bitter in a bottle.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 03:15 Thu 6/8/2017

The summer beer festival beers from Aldi i thought were decent enough. But the Harpers beers brewed by Marstons Wychwood etc are awful.

jjsint
beers 7720 º places 1335 º 03:49 Thu 6/8/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
In Morrison’s today I picked up an Indonesian tick.
https://www.ratebeer.com/beer/bintang-bir-pilsener/7656/

Had this the other night. Ugh. But a new country. So thanks for the info!!

I’ve been reading this thread with interest because a lot of the supermarkets on the Surrey/Hants borders seem to be bucking the trend. However nipped to ASDA in Farnborough to get my offering for a booze trolley and ended up buying 12 mixed cans, plus a couple of bottles. Brew York, Vocation, Stone, Founders, Harpoon amongst others.