Supermarket Sweep

Reads 11134 • Replies 120 • Started Sunday, January 1, 2017 11:03:17 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 03:40 Tue 7/4/2017

Originally posted by SarkyNorthener
Originally posted by Scopey
Canned Atom beers now in stock at Asda. Picked up all 4 for £6. Can’t complain with that.

I picked up 12 new ticks at Asda including those. Biggest shock of the year for me.

I haven’t had a tick out of Asda in more than a year I think so imagine my surprise when I got 8 last night. Only one of the Atoms (the pilsner) but a couple from Caledonian and their offshoot Maltsmiths, Harpoon UFO White, Brew York Brew York and a couple others. Decent range I thought with Stone, BrewDog, Founders etc.

jjsint
beers 7722 º places 1335 º 05:53 Tue 7/4/2017

Originally posted by EdKing
Six pack of the Petrus range in Lidl for £7.99. Includes the sours.

Just picked these up and finished three last night, nothing special unfortunately but one cannot quibble about the price

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 06:55 Mon 7/10/2017

Waitrose Tonbridge had 2 beers from Uprising a wheat beer and double ipa also Thornbridge wit beer with Rose Petals from thei home brewer award winner they sponsor

Mjp12
beers 2215 º places 102 º 01:57 Sun 7/16/2017

The dry gate breakfast stout is excellent , especially considering its price, £1.80 a can .

BeardedAvenger
beers 7323 º places 596 º 02:23 Sun 7/16/2017

I’d been looking for an Atom beer for ages. After a few misses (ie sold out when I got to the pub) had one at Craft Beer Co St Mary Axe a couple of weeks ago. However my local ASDA then of course gets a can in.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 12:21 Sun 7/16/2017

Originally posted by Mjp12
The dry gate breakfast stout is excellent , especially considering its price, £1.80 a can .

Agree with you there, I’m drinking one now as I type this! Took me a while to find them locally, I actually found my Drygate cans in Surrey.

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 07:20 Tue 7/18/2017

Originally posted by harrisoni
I know it’s not a UK supermarket, but Terre de Boissons in Cite Europe Calais has filled one of their shelving units with new French microbrewery beer. No word of a lie, as I took photographic evidence, but there are nigh on 100 new French beers for me in there. 9 made it home with me today. And in 10 days time the other 90 will do. As I’ve already taken 3-400 rates out of that store and another 100 to come it’s a bloody spectacular place. All around the 2.40 euros a bottle price point so just over 2 quid a rate. Good value. If you chuck in the other Belgian, US, Scottish, English, Irish and Mexican rates you will get there, it’s well worth a day trip. Don’t use a ferry obviously as it’s too slow for a daytrip.

Well I finally got the other 90 new French beers taking 45 a few weeks back and another 50 this morning. I can’t think of another shop that I just stand there for an hour picking out new beer after new beer. Unless we are talking something like Dranken Geers but that’s in a different league.
So a steady diet of Biere Francaise pour moi c’est semaine et pour la semaine prochain aussi. Oh zut alors.

evergreen0199
beers 5930 º 07:35 Tue 7/18/2017

I know it’s not a UK supermarket, but Terre de Boissons in Cite Europe Calais has filled one of their shelving units with new French microbrewery beer. No word of a lie, as I took photographic evidence, but there are nigh on 100 new French beers for me in there. 9 made it home with me today. And in 10 days time the other 90 will do. As I’ve already taken 3-400 rates out of that store and another 100 to come it’s a bloody spectacular place. All around the 2.40 euros a bottle price point so just over 2 quid a rate. Good value. If you chuck in the other Belgian, US, Scottish, English, Irish and Mexican rates you will get there, it’s well worth a day trip. Don’t use a ferry obviously as it’s too slow for a daytrip.

Well I finally got the other 90 new French beers taking 45 a few weeks back and another 50 this morning. I can’t think of another shop that I just stand there for an hour picking out new beer after new beer. Unless we are talking something like Dranken Geers but that’s in a different league.
So a steady diet of Biere Francaise pour moi c’est semaine et pour la semaine prochain aussi. Oh zut alors.

I was planning to do the same as you Ian, I have been to Terre de Boissons in Cite Europe a few times before, you can drink there as well. Unfortunately all the weekend Eurotunnel trips are fully booked while the ankle biters are off on their long summer break. Weekdays look OK but I’ll probably wait until September now. Do they still have Avec les bons voeux in there? You can get some quite rare UK beers in there too.

harrisoni
beers 25366 º places 68 º 08:15 Tue 7/18/2017

Originally posted by evergreen0199

I was planning to do the same as you Ian, I have been to Terre de Boissons in Cite Europe a few times before, you can drink there as well. Unfortunately all the weekend Eurotunnel trips are fully booked while the ankle biters are off on their long summer break. Weekdays look OK but I’ll probably wait until September now. Do they still have Avec les bons voeux in there? You can get some quite rare UK beers in there too.

Yes Avec les Bons Voeux is still there in 33cl and 75cl at very reasonable prices. Yes some rare UK beers, picked up a Belhaven beer I’d not had today. Some new German craft beers in are worth looking at. As I say, if you don’t walk out of there with 150 rates at the moment I’d be surprised.