Virtual Bar on friday 22nd July anyone?

Reads 2605 • Replies 87 • Started Wednesday, July 20, 2016 7:21:39 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 15664 º places 1061 º 16:36 Fri 7/22/2016

Been given a four pack of ’Mort Subite’ Witte Lambic. Having read the rate reviews I am somewhat frightened to open one. Going to do it anyway. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mort-subite-witte-lambic/22315/

Wish me luck!

<*))))))><

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 16:39 Fri 7/22/2016

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
Been given a four pack of ’Mort Subite’ Witte Lambic. Having read the rate reviews I am somewhat frightened to open one. Going to do it anyway. http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/mort-subite-witte-lambic/22315/

Wish me luck!

<*))))))><

I wish you a decent fridge that can chill it to 2C or a decent beer to wash it down with!

BlackHaddock
beers 15664 º places 1061 º 16:40 Fri 7/22/2016

Originally posted by Beersiveknown
I have to be semi-sober for when our house guests are picked up by their husbands: ex-nurse colleagues of the wife been here all night. I know most of the blokes they are married too: they will be wanting a chat and a beer in my ’mancave’ when they arrive to transport the drunks home.

Currently searching for ’old beers’ to offer them without offending.

<*))))))><

any tesco express (or similar) nearby?

Thanks for the thought, I do have some ’home brew’ and a few ’already rated’ bottles for them to drink: door bell just went: game on with husbands!

<*))))))><

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 16:44 Fri 7/22/2016

feeling pretty boosted after a 6 beer haul tonight - Boon Kriek Mariage Parfait was worth it though

will finish with some gin and then call it a night

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 16:53 Fri 7/22/2016

Originally posted by The_Osprey
feeling pretty boosted after a 6 beer haul tonight - Boon Kriek Mariage Parfait was worth it though

will finish with some gin and then call it a night

still my favourite lambic, even if scores don’t entirely bear that out

What do the gin gods bring?

I’m on a thornbridge roll with Otto. Lots of banana leaving me craving sticky toffee pudding

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 17:07 Fri 7/22/2016

Finishing things off with an eldon and some blue cheese. Had this at the brewery when the BSF team visited a few months ago and thought it very well done for a bourbon BA beer which I’m not generally a fan of - how will it fare tonight on a fairly fresh palate?

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 17:10 Fri 7/22/2016

I’m halfway through a bottle of Tanqueray No.10 - quite tasty but a bit harsh IMO. Got some East London Liquor gin when I finish this one, on the recommendation of this wee Scottish chap I know.

Beersiveknown
beers 5380 º places 180 º 17:14 Fri 7/22/2016

I’m halfway through a bottle of Tanqueray No.10 - quite tasty but a bit harsh IMO. Got some East London Liquor gin when I finish this one, on the recommendation of this wee Scottish chap I know.

The Botanist is still my top UK gin, but the chase extra dry also decent - far too many yet to try though

bartlebier
beers 4526 º places 177 º 17:20 Fri 7/22/2016

Originally posted by Beersiveknown

The Botanist is still my top UK gin, but the chase extra dry also decent - far too many yet to try though

Has Monkey 47 Black Forest Gin reached you yet? Very aromatic on the juniper, too much of an aroma bomb for many, but great for powerful mixes. Barmen all over the EU seem to be discovering it recently.

Meanwhile I made the mistake of closing off my session with a Corsendonk Pater...cheap brewfirm swill. Will have to neutralise with a tipple of Tomatin.

The_Osprey
beers 10591 º places 178 º 17:27 Fri 7/22/2016

Wish me luck!

<*))))))><

How long is the rating you’re writing for this? Jeez Jez - can’t wait all night for you to hit the top 200 raters