What’s new -Part 4

Reads 14108 • Replies 168 • Started Friday, September 25, 2015 11:01:20 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 15:04 Fri 3/25/2016

Speaking of four crappy beers, I’ll be heading up to Death Valley next month to tick the little brewery out on the Nevada border...

Will of course being doing other stuff as well but I’ll literally be driving two hours for a shitbag brewery.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:43 Sat 3/26/2016

Why is this thread not frozen yet?

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 16:35 Sun 3/27/2016

Interesting fact: all the Figueroa Mountain locations that brew make all the core beers there (according to the bartender in the Westlake Village location). They each have a few specialities they get to make too.

Also. Five Threads is closed for Easter

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 17:24 Sun 3/27/2016

At Casa Agria. Not bad. They have some foeders and a bunch of barrels. They don’t actually brew here, I guess that happens at LAB in Agora Hills.

On that note, LAB has changed owners and is now called Twisted Oak. They are expanding too.

Made West now has a tasting room.

And while at Figueroa Mountain I learned that next door to Five Threads is another brewery called Westlake Brewing. They just opened on Friday. They share a space with 101 Ciders, who apparently does some sour ciders.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 18:49 Sun 3/27/2016

At M Special now in Goleta. Beer is ok. Pretty big setup hidden in the back of an industrial park right by Hollister, Captain Fattys, etc.

Rumor has it that Third Window in Santa Barbara is finally getting close to opening and that Tyler King of Bruery fame is brewing there. Not my fault if that turns out to not be true.

Draughtsmen Ale Works also in Goleta is brewing but does not have public hours yet.

Looks like I’ll need at least another trip up 101 this year.

brokensail
admin
beers 21480 º places 1691 º 19:06 Sun 3/27/2016

The Central Coast is pretty nuts these days and easy to get behind on. I stopped at M Special, Made West, Topa Topa, and the SLO taproom for Libertine. I really wasn’t very impressed with any except Topa Topa. Also, pretty sure Shanghai Beer Garden is closed down. I asked at Topa Topa and nobody was sure, but I walked over there and it looked like even though the place still had all the interior setup, there were no hours or signage outside really.

t0rin0
beers 102 º places 1528 º 19:10 Sun 3/27/2016

That would explain why I haven’t gotten any emails from Shanghai lately. They used to advertise their dog friendly patio often. Even took some pork bones home for jerk face both times I was there.