Beer glasses You use most often.

Reads 3843 • Replies 60 • Started Friday, April 4, 2014 8:43:01 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 08:43 Fri 4/4/2014

I tend to use a small band of glasses for rating.

The Duvel tulip is constant for strong Belgium’s

Delirium snifter for imperial stout. Or other Strong shit.

Cantillon tulip for lambics.

Lion tulip for pale ales/porter and obviously I’ve got pints and pils flutes

But I’ve got glasses I never use . And obviously only Orval can be drank in the orval goblet. It’s just a fucken rule and ethic to live by!!!

JMerritt
places 72 º 08:51 Fri 4/4/2014

A cheap brandy snifter and a cheap English pint glass are used for nearly everything I drink. The various other specialty glasses I own rarely see the outside of my cupboard.

hawthorne00
beers 8468 º places 63 º 08:53 Fri 4/4/2014

You can still see a wee fishy on the Orval glass, but it’s pretty battered. I think 3 non Orvals have sullied it.

The Duvel glass is a "maybe the head’s going to be huge" 330ml glass. The Unibrou tulip is for taking on holidays - that thing could be hit by a truck and survive.

All 500ml wheat beers go in in the Weienstephaner glass. It goes in the bottom rack of the dishwasher and still looks new. Small pours go into the La Chouffe tulip (likewise, remarkably unscarred).

A lot goes into Riedel or Villeroy & Boch glasses if it’s unfamiliar.

rennat42
beers 5363 º places 205 º 08:54 Fri 4/4/2014

I have the Libbey Craft Brew 6 piece set that works pretty well for me. It has a

-Pilsner
-English Pub
-Belgian Ale
-Craft Pub
-Porter/Stout
-Wheat

http://www.eapinnovations.com/product.asp?itemid=800&gclid=CIGFlueWx70CFdBcMgods0YAIA

I’d say I use the Belgian Ale and Porter/Stout more than anything.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 08:54 Fri 4/4/2014

I had a cheap brandy shifter when I joined the site... it could hold a whole 750ml in one go.. Sadly it broke

Christos
beers 6111 º places 110 º 08:55 Fri 4/4/2014

I have a small Duvel tulip that I use for almost everything, then a big snifter that I use with big bottles of stouts, barleywines etc, a smaller snifter for the smaller bottles. Then a Guinness pint glass for bitters, maybe golden ales too if I have a big bottle. I also have the Orval goblet but I never use it anymore, I have a couple of small trappist glasses for trappist beers and sometimes the quads.

I tend to drink every beer in its recommended glass, so there are days that I have 3-4 different glasses in the sink, makes it difficult to hide from the girlfriend how many I had the previous night. :)

DCLawyer
beers 3007 º places 236 º 08:57 Fri 4/4/2014

snifter, tulip, nonic, and Sam Adams perfect pint are the ones I use most often. Chimay chalice for Belgians.

Jow
beers 7349 º places 487 º 09:45 Fri 4/4/2014

I have a Brooklyn Brewery Snifter and tulips from Ithaca Excelsior and Captain Lawrence Smoke from The Oak those are my only 3 if I move states ever i’ll have to replace them. Most beers i drink are served in whatever glassware the bar i’m in has

AdamChandler
beers 6124 º places 278 º 09:47 Fri 4/4/2014

These - https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7094/13229218255_47b665bd2d_b.jpg

They’re cheap ($8), easy to get (I have 10 of them) and are very easy to wash since I can fit my large hands in them to clean. Tey’re not overly fragile, dishwasher safe and hold almost 500ML of beer so I can pour a whole bottle of HFS Everett in them.

keanex
beers 1802 º places 65 º 09:50 Fri 4/4/2014

I use my Dogfish Head stemmed glass, Tired Hands oversized wine glass, one of my various Duvel art glasses, Sam Adams Perfect Pint glass, or my Tired Hands pub straight glass. I have a bunch of other glasses sitting away like my St. Bernardus chalice. I should probably dust it off soon.

Gary
beers 2114 º places 4 º 09:50 Fri 4/4/2014

Ironic having started this thread that I’m not using a glass and drinking Corona from the bottle as God intended