Black Country Bus Crawl - July 6th proposed itinerary

Reads 9070 • Replies 231 • Started Friday, May 31, 2013 3:18:07 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Originally posted by Theydon_Bois
BTW - any of the West Mids crew heading from Brum to Wolves we’re bound to have leftovers ...

Our train is the 10.49 virgin service from New St.

Bring a glass and you should manage half a dozen rates in 20 minutes !!!

Coach ’C’

I just might join you: cheaper trainwise to get a return to Brum than two singles anyway (Wellington-Wolves & Brum-Wellington).

I’ll check the times to see if they fit and if I’m fit in the morning after tonight’s excitment.

I’ll bring a glass and something from Belgium in a bottle if I make it. Breakfast and a couple of pints in The Briar Rose Spoons before you arrive if I’m lucky.

<*))))))><

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 07:06 Fri 7/5/2013

Originally posted by BlackHaddock
BTW - any of the West Mids crew heading from Brum to Wolves we’re bound to have leftovers ...

Coach ’C’

I just might join you: cheaper trainwise to get a return to Brum than two singles anyway (Wellington-Wolves & Brum-Wellington).

I’ll check the times to see if they fit and if I’m fit in the morning after tonight’s excitment.

I’ll bring a glass and something from Belgium in a bottle if I make it. Breakfast and a couple of pints in The Briar Rose Spoons before you arrive if I’m lucky.

<*))))))><

Yeah - don’t count on food on our train. Ken has been onto Richard Branson himself and demanded a doubling of the breakfast burger stock on the 9.23 from Euston!!!

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

Coach ’C’

<*))))))><

I Might be heading to the Briar about 10ish, I’m hoping they have the Adnams / Firestone Walker Pale. It was showing coming soon last Saturday.

madmitch76
beers 36920 º places 240 º 12:43 Fri 7/5/2013

Snagged some plastic cups from the gym if you don’t want the hassle of lugging glassware.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:44 Fri 7/5/2013

Well really looking forward to this trip, I’ve done my homework, added the bottles on the train tasting trip to my Ratebeer app and the pubs to pubsandbeer. Looked through the Cotteridge Wine list and created my hitlist, mostly German obviously. Time for a beer. Or should I say, another beer.

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 12:50 Fri 7/5/2013

I’ve been good today, scooped a couple at the Willow Walk after work including the marvelous Adnams/Firestone APA, then up the gym for an hour and ran home - bloody hot work it was. Turned down the offer of a free bar and BBQ at my cricket club as saving myself for tomorrow. Just about to load up some beers in the fridge for the train tasting.

Originally posted by harrisoni
Well really looking forward to this trip, I’ve done my homework, added the bottles on the train tasting trip to my Ratebeer app and the pubs to pubsandbeer. Looked through the Cotteridge Wine list and created my hitlist, mostly German obviously. Time for a beer. Or should I say, another beer.

I wouldn’t rely on the cotteridge wine list. Its as old as the Bible. I usually email them to check for things I want off the list, most of the things I have asked about aren’t there. However they do get lots of good stuff in that aren’t on the list. If you like Mikkeller they have lots of choice.

harrisoni
beers 25356 º places 68 º 12:59 Fri 7/5/2013

In 12 hours I will be drinking a can of McEwans Export sat outside of Euston station in the sunshine. How exciting!!!!!

Theydon_Bois
admin
beers 40515 º places 1239 º 13:00 Fri 7/5/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni
In 12 hours I will be drinking a can of McEwans Export sat outside of Euston station in the sunshine. How exciting!!!!!

Remember to save me a pour - want that badger as my first rate of the day

I should be at Euston around 8.30

Just like to say to all you guys and galls. Have a great day tomorrow and enjoy. Gutted I can’t be there to meet you all and sample the beer. But hopefully next time I will be there.

Well done Colin on organising, what will be an epic event.

Cheers.