BrewDog: Haway Man, get a grip

Reads 3752 • Replies 55 • Started Thursday, June 13, 2013 5:04:16 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

BlackHaddock
beers 15522 º places 1056 º 06:55 Thu 6/13/2013

Never been into one of their bars yet: no rush to change that fact either.

Over priced and over hyped beers in my opinion. I have actually enjoyed a couple of their brews to be fair though.

<*))))))><

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 07:15 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by HogTownHarry
Their beers are hits and misses and homer runs and strikeouts

A bit like the Blue Jays this season then with some homers but mostly strikeouts and misses. How many starting pitchers?

Any decent beer at the Rogers Center to drown your sorrows?

harrisoni
beers 25368 º places 68 º 07:15 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni

A bit like the Blue Jays this season then with some homers but mostly strikeouts and misses. How many starting pitchers?

Oh and massive hype.

imdownthepub
beers 26151 º places 2115 º 07:39 Thu 6/13/2013

I’ve been to Brewdog bars in Edinburgh, Camden, Nottingham & Bristol, the best was Edinburgh the rest a bit cold and uncomfortable so didn’t linger. The beer is generally good, if massively expensive. They have enjoyed self promotion right from the start, which was ok when they had a point of difference, but now they just look a little foolish.

HogTownHarry
beers 9241 º places 28 º 07:42 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by harrisoni

Sadly, there is nothing I will drink - Bud, Bud Lite Lime (shudder) - Steamwhistle is available as of this year (a clean but boring Canadian Pilsner brewed about a pitching wedge away from the Dome) .. if I were forced to drink something there, I would probably choose a widget can of Boddingtons. Yes, it’s that crap. Not even Carlsberg.

MagicDave6
beers 1 º places 1 º 08:11 Thu 6/13/2013

Yea the link doesnt work, whats it about?

And dont say media rubbish again as that doesnt mean very much.

hopbomber
beers 88 º places 40 º 08:13 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by BlackHaddock

Over priced and over hyped beers in my opinion. I have actually enjoyed a couple of their brews to be fair though.

<*))))))><

They tend to have a good bottle selection so even if you’re not a fan of their beers and stunts they’re worth visiting as they offer 15% take out on bottles so you don’t have to stick around in their industrial soulless bars to consume them.

MannyGoldberg
beers 208 º places 31 º 08:32 Thu 6/13/2013

I see they’ve got their London distribution centre up and running now.

http://www.digitalnewsroom.co.uk/brewdog/brewdog-launches-london-direct/

Anyone heard anything about the location for the planned home brew/bottle shop down here?

Leighton
beers 33739 º places 1204 º 08:33 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by MagicDave6
Yea the link doesnt work, whats it about?

And dont say media rubbish again as that doesnt mean very much.

It’s about some new distilled beer spirit or some such. It’s called ’WattDickie’ or something and, I guess, it’s a separate entity from BrewDog. Or something. I was distracted by the media rubbish and missed some of the cold, hard facts.

BlackHaddock
beers 15522 º places 1056 º 08:52 Thu 6/13/2013

Originally posted by hopbomber
Originally posted by BlackHaddock

<*))))))><

They tend to have a good bottle selection so even if you’re not a fan of their beers and stunts they’re worth visiting as they offer 15% take out on bottles so you don’t have to stick around in their industrial soulless bars to consume them.

Cheers: I’ll endeavour to remember that.

<*))))))><