Dogfish Head wants user reviews deleted from RB

Reads 14764 • Replies 140 • Started Monday, June 5, 2017 4:17:45 PM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

markextrae
beers 4790 º places 77 º 16:00 Tue 6/6/2017

Jean van Roy personal Facebook page

Cavie
beers 6846 º places 80 º 16:22 Tue 6/6/2017

This would be the only reason I would leave RB; if my reviews were deleted or altered in any way.

thewolf
beers 13752 º places 145 º 16:41 Tue 6/6/2017

Ibrew2or3
beers 10534 º places 353 º 16:59 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
The way I see it, there are some ethical concerns deep down. The algorithm used to calculate ratings is undisclosed and could, over time, be altered. Not saying it will, but if something like that were to happen, it would be a big issue. The other concern that I see is that ratebeer is quoted very frequently with their annual awards and rankings of beers and breweries. I understand concern with regards to that as well. Awards and rankings based on a secret algorithm could prove to be problematic. Perhaps disclosure of the algorithm would be helpful? Just a thought.

Let’s say somehow the data is messed with. Wouldn’t fishy awards and honors to breweries tied in someway to ABI be really obvious? A lot of users here know who’s making the killer beer.

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 17:03 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by Cavie
This would be the only reason I would leave RB; if my reviews were deleted or altered in any way.
Same.

fly
beers 1490 º places 271 º 17:06 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by jtclockwork
Same.

Extra bonus points for swill!

jtclockwork
beers 21132 º places 554 º 17:11 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by fly
Same.

I’m talking about if Ratebeer gave in and deleted breweries from their database that requested it.

Blisscent
17:14 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by fly
Same.

I wonder how much money RB users would need to raise to get rid of ZX manure.

JK
beers 7296 º places 442 º 17:14 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by Ibrew2or3
Originally posted by NobleSquirrel
The way I see it, there are some ethical concerns deep down. The algorithm used to calculate ratings is undisclosed and could, over time, be altered. Not saying it will, but if something like that were to happen, it would be a big issue. The other concern that I see is that ratebeer is quoted very frequently with their annual awards and rankings of beers and breweries. I understand concern with regards to that as well. Awards and rankings based on a secret algorithm could prove to be problematic. Perhaps disclosure of the algorithm would be helpful? Just a thought.

Let’s say somehow the data is messed with. Wouldn’t fishy awards and honors to breweries tied in someway to ABI be really obvious? A lot of users here know who’s making the killer beer.

Yes i would think so. I can’t imagine Joe would allow that.

jjsint
beers 7720 º places 1335 º 17:37 Tue 6/6/2017

Originally posted by fly
Same.

I’m talking about if Ratebeer gave in and deleted breweries from their database that requested it.

Me too. One or two wouldn’t be the end of the world. But it wouldn’t be one or two would it?