FedEx exception. Returning to Sender

Reads 36101 • Replies 61 • Started Friday, June 21, 2013 4:15:48 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Cleg
places 1 º 09:23 Fri 6/21/2013

Well that’s 100% true in my case.

Cleg
places 1 º 09:28 Fri 6/21/2013

So then in your opinion it is still 100% false? Even if my story is 1/10,000 it still makes it 99.99% false. No need to make blanket statements

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 09:28 Fri 6/21/2013

They usually just send it back to you repackged (poorly) and tell you not to let them catch you do it again (ie pack better and keep on shipping as long as we don’t know what it is).

pinkie
beers 470 º places 10 º 09:29 Fri 6/21/2013

Don’t tell if they don’t ask. In my case I had an exception from ups not from fed ex show up in my email and it was because they didn’t have the right apartment number. Wait and see what the reason is first.

Cleg
places 1 º 09:51 Fri 6/21/2013

*note, if a bottle broke and they know it is beer in the package, they will most likely ship your box to UTAH instead of back to the sender.

Please forgive the statement of certainty in my original post.

Cheers, Cory

DietPepsican
beers 1592 º places 63 º 09:52 Fri 6/21/2013

Originally posted by Cleg
*note, if a bottle broke and they know it is beer in the package, they will most likely ship your box to UTAH instead of back to the sender.

Please forgive the statement of certainty in my original post.

Cheers, Cory

Depends who finds it and if they care. They usually don’t and just send it back to you or repack and forward it on.

Cleg
places 1 º 09:58 Fri 6/21/2013

They told me that they had a box from me, to my wife (didnt want to put my name on both) in Orlando and that one of the bottles had broken. I originally told them there were books in the package and they said that they didnt have a package for me with books in it, but a package with beer in it. They stated that they were sending the box to Utah since it is against their policy to ship alcohol. I then fessed up to the beer, asked to speak with the person at the Orlando Distribution Center and spoke with him. Told him the story, said I didnt know it was illegal and that it wouldnt happen again. He then said that he would repackage and send on its way. The next day it was on my doorstep.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 10:23 Fri 6/21/2013

Cleg,

Was your return address your FL address? Or was it a FedEx store? Or something else? Wondering if that may be why it got sent to Utah.

Cleg
places 1 º 11:19 Fri 6/21/2013

Originally posted by Homer321
Cleg,

Was your return address your FL address? Or was it a FedEx store? Or something else? Wondering if that may be why it got sent to Utah.

My return address was my Brothers house in Illinois (where Im originally from)

Hope all runs smoothly for your and the sender. Just trying to let you know what happened to me.

Good Luck

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 12:05 Fri 6/21/2013

Thanks to everyone for the insight. I think we’ll just watch the tracking updates and keep fingers crossed.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer