FedEx exception. Returning to Sender

Reads 36110 • Replies 61 • Started Friday, June 21, 2013 4:15:48 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

Drake
admin
beers 21771 º places 1252 º 13:12 Sat 6/22/2013

Originally posted by mikem409
Originally posted by Cleg
So then in your opinion it is still 100% false? Even if my story is 1/10,000 it still makes it 99.99% false. No need to make blanket statements

Yes your giving poor advice claiming it will be sent to Utah If they don’t call fedex

You could have quoted just that part of the post instead of the whole thing. No offense, and you’re a stand up guy, but that was kind of a dick move.

Forgetfu
15:25 Sat 6/22/2013

Less than 3 weeks ago, i had 2 boxes rejected by Fedex for "Improper shipment - Alcohol". Both boxes were heading to an office address in the Atlanta area. The delivery driver apparently got wise, realized they were alcohol, and rejected em. Interestingly, they never even opened the boxes.

Both boxes were returned to me (the sender). They had a red and white label on them which stated that it was being returned because of alcohol. They had written "RTS" in multiple places on the box.

I did nothing, the boxes just came back to me.

I then covered up the RTS writing, replaced the label and sent them back out using Fedex Home to the same recepient’s home address.

They arrived safely 4 days later.

No black-list, no random reroute to Utah, no problems (well, other than the fact that 48 bottles had to cross the country 3 times instead of once).

So, don’t worry about it, don’t worry about being blacklisted. Drink a beer and wait for the box to show back up. Now, if you’re my buddy who was supposed to receive the packages at his office, HE has something to worry about. His driver has gotten smart to what he’s doing, and is apparently big on Fedex vigilante justice.

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 14:46 Wed 6/26/2013

It was breakage that caused the return. I’ll let the sender chime in as far as any hassles with FedEx and/or and other problems in dealing with them.

csano
20:04 Wed 6/26/2013

Originally posted by Forgetfu
Less than 3 weeks ago, i had 2 boxes rejected by Fedex for "Improper shipment - Alcohol". Both boxes were heading to an office address in the Atlanta area. The delivery driver apparently got wise, realized they were alcohol, and rejected em. Interestingly, they never even opened the boxes.

Both boxes were returned to me (the sender). They had a red and white label on them which stated that it was being returned because of alcohol. They had written "RTS" in multiple places on the box.

I did nothing, the boxes just came back to me.

I then covered up the RTS writing, replaced the label and sent them back out using Fedex Home to the same recepient’s home address.

They arrived safely 4 days later.

No black-list, no random reroute to Utah, no problems (well, other than the fact that 48 bottles had to cross the country 3 times instead of once).

So, don’t worry about it, don’t worry about being blacklisted. Drink a beer and wait for the box to show back up. Now, if you’re my buddy who was supposed to receive the packages at his office, HE has something to worry about. His driver has gotten smart to what he’s doing, and is apparently big on Fedex vigilante justice.

How do you think he "figured" it was alcohol? Sloshing?

Forgetfu
20:12 Wed 6/26/2013

Originally posted by csano

Well, the recepient thinks that fedex is out to get him, so I suspect that he’s just received too many boxes of beer and his driver’s not an idiot. Perhaps a bottle has broken somewhere in the past, or just too much sloshing? I dunno. <grumble>

csano
20:15 Wed 6/26/2013

Originally posted by Forgetfu

Well, the recepient thinks that fedex is out to get him, so I suspect that he’s just received too many boxes of beer and his driver’s not an idiot. Perhaps a bottle has broken somewhere in the past, or just too much sloshing? I dunno. <grumble>

I hope my FedEx guy likes me! ;)

Homer321
beers 5369 º places 54 º 20:24 Wed 6/26/2013

I hope my FedEx guy likes me! ;)

Mental note to self: Tip FedEx guy around the holiday time...

sloth
beers 3480 º places 102 º 01:41 Thu 6/27/2013

They,re watching us.

drowland
beers 11069 º places 430 º 04:33 Thu 6/27/2013

Had this happen to me as a sender once... sent jtclockwork a boatload of CCB growlers and one of them leaked like fucken crazy. The box got wet and they just sent it back to me, no breakage. Just sent him back the growlers that were still good and all ended fine.

PaulUnwin
beers 87 º places 124 º 04:52 Thu 6/27/2013

I haven’t read all the replies, I’m just off to work, but am I right in saying that if you tick the box that says direct signature, you can send alcohol? I have suffered boxes that came back, but someone told me that’s how to get over it, maybe they were wrong?

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer