FedEx problem

Reads 4817 • Replies 8 • Started Sunday, January 1, 2006 7:01:45 AM CT

The forums you're viewing are the static, archived version. You won't be able to post or reply here.
Our new, modern forums are here:
RateBeer Forums

Thread Frozen

acertain
beers 249 º places 5 º 07:01 Sun 1/1/2006

I just looked at the tracking info for a package I shipped, and it read "Local delivery restriction, delivery not attempted." Has anybody seen this before? Does it mean they figured out what was in the box?

Thanks.

Andrew

TheBeerSommelier
08:11 Sun 1/1/2006

You’ll hear about it either way. Either they’ll call you, or the package will end up back on your stoop.

If that happens, do what I do to get them to reship for free: tell them you’re a brewer and that they’re specialized "yeast samples," being sent to another brewer for propagation (I love that word) and brewing use. Combine it with indignation and it works every time.

JohnC
beers 3007 º places 164 º 12:00 Mon 1/2/2006

If you haven’t already, call them. Don’t wait for them to contact you; that could take days. In my experience, they can give you more information on the phone than what’s on their website. If the person you’re talking to doesn’t have sufficient info, ask to speak to someone else (like a manager).

TheEnemy
beers 564 º places 43 º 16:53 Sat 1/7/2006

Did you ever figure out what the issue was? How was it resolved, if at all?

Oakes
admin
beers 30670 º places 1135 º 18:27 Sat 1/7/2006

You can’t deliver alcohol to some states, and not at all to Canada. So if that state is on the "no booze" list and it gets found out, it won’t be delivered. It’s a dice roll, but at least within the US you don’t have the extra risk of customs agents looking inside.

kramer
21:28 Sat 1/7/2006

That box was mine, and it was delivered safely with no apparent signs of it being opened. The actual delivery date for the package fell on a Saturday, and it was going to my business. I’m thinking that maybe because I don’t have "normal" business hours on Saturdays that they just thought they wouldn’t get there in time. I wasn’t there when it was delivered or I would have asked the delivery guy what it meant. So who knows, but don’t get scared if that message pops up on their tracking log. Next time I get a delivery from them I’ll ask.

TheEnemy
beers 564 º places 43 º 21:40 Sat 1/7/2006

Welp, glad it got there OK

kujo9
beers 1095 º places 32 º 12:05 Mon 1/9/2006

Originally posted by Oakes
It’s a dice roll, but at least within the US you don’t have the extra risk of customs agents looking inside.

Yeah, I found that one out the hard way!!

Mike

goldtwins
beers 4319 º places 5 º 12:09 Mon 1/9/2006

Originally posted by kramer17801
That box was mine, and it was delivered safely with no apparent signs of it being opened. The actual delivery date for the package fell on a Saturday, and it was going to my business. I’m thinking that maybe because I don’t have "normal" business hours on Saturdays that they just thought they wouldn’t get there in time. I wasn’t there when it was delivered or I would have asked the delivery guy what it meant. So who knows, but don’t get scared if that message pops up on their tracking log. Next time I get a delivery from them I’ll ask.

Fedex doesn’t deliver to businesses on a Saturday unless you pay extra for that. Home deliveries do happen on Saturday (maybe because they are already adding $2 for home delivery) but not on Mondays. Of course I am only talking about FedEx ground.

Trading Policy  

Until we can make beer come out of your monitor...

Beer2Buds
Send Beer Over The Net

Free signup now. Even out a trade, keep good vibes alive, say hi with a beer

View Beer Deliveries
New To Trading?
Mail Order Beer
 P  Most Wanted Beer